Roll call for Diving for Science training this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About 2 or 3 years ago, I think I logged almost 2 hours with bogrady on a dive. I'll have to pull out the old logs and check.

Has anybody done a 100 minute dive at Aquarena?

Multiple dives helping with classes in one day, the first 5 on one AL80, averaged 21 minutes so it's possible for sure.

Has anybody done a 100 minute dive at Aquarena?

Did about 240 min back in the early 70's a few times.
Did three back to back 45 min each without a wetsuit.
(I was an underwater clown in the shows.)

Sorry for the High Jack

Let me re-phrase, 100 minutes on a single dive without surfacing, and say if it's for training or volunteer work.

I am very impressed 240 minutes, was that using tanks or a continous supply of air? I know the world's recored is 7 days or something like that. The most I have been was 70 or 75 minutes doing volunteer work, will need to check my log.

Another question, has anybody used 40% or greater Nitrox (if certified) in Aquarena? I have used 36% a few times, and the looks I got, I was the idiot of the day.

I've done 90 minutes on a single AL 80. Only got out because one of my buddies was cold. Still had ample air left.

As far as Nitrox >40%, that is typically used for deco purposes only. Yes, you can use it on a dive in Aquarena, but what would be the point? You are not going to be loading up on nitrogen, so it serves no real purpose.

I am very impressed 240 minutes, was that using tanks or a continous supply of air?

That was breathing off of a bubble of air from a polypropylene hose @ about 50 psi with a tilt valve on the end. The valve is like the rubber covered tilt valve used in gas stations to fill up your radiator. There was so much moisture inhaled breathing this way, you had to urinate every 30 min. Needless to say we didn't leave the water. I don't think the air was from an oiless compressor either. Is that compressor still there?

The long dives were after hours cleaning the bottom wearing 60lbs of lead, tennis shoes, a wet suit, mask, and a fire hose. The really long dives were cutting the vegetaion in Deep Hole.

So where do you sign up?

I signed up at Scubaland Adventures in Austin -
my LDS. I'd think your LDS will be able to hook that up for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom