Roll call for Diving for Science training this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't make it on Thursdays, as I have other things going on besides work - I go to crossfit central to workout at 12:15pm on Tu and Th.

(I was an underwater clown in the shows.)

I think this is waaaaay cool! Tell us some stories! Start a new thread if you don't wanna hijack this one. Please?

Class was great. I look forward to enjoying the warm waters of Texas this winter while in volunteer "mode"

I twisted my dive buddy Danny into going.

Rich

I think this is waaaaay cool! Tell us some stories! Start a new thread if you don't wanna hijack this one. Please?

I went to the former Aquarena employees reunion a few weeks ago. Everyone was older. They reminded me of many things that I had forgotten. There were a lot of memories there.

I am planning to take the science diving course sometime after February.
It will be interesting to see what the place looks like after all these years. I hope they don't mind me diving a double hose. I don't think the Glurpo surface supplied air source is still in use.

Sunday Jan 10th- Navychop, DTM, Austinspace, et al. Its going to be cool above the water, 21-44 degrees F, but 72 in the water.

Second-hand reminiscing....

My wife worked in the gift shop at Aquarena back in the day. She tried out to be an aqua-maid, but said she was never able to exhale through her nose under water, as a refined aqua-maid must do. Still, whenever she was allowed to 'snuba' around Spring Lake as far as the hose would allow her to go, whenever she wanted. She recalls it being a 100' hose.

We didn't know about the reunion until after the event. Hopefully there will be another one.

Here's a pic of Glurpo the clown: http://www.ectomo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/glurpotheclown.jpg

Correction: Sharon didn't work in the gift shop. She sold shots of apple juice at the saloon in the old west town at Aquarena, "Texana Village".

Second-hand reminiscing....

My wife worked in the gift shop at Aquarena back in the day. She tried out to be an aqua-maid, but said she was never able to exhale through her nose under water, as a refined aqua-maid must do. Still, whenever she was allowed to 'snuba' around Spring Lake as far as the hose would allow her to go, whenever she wanted. She recalls it being a 100' hose.

We didn't know about the reunion until after the event. Hopefully there will be another one.

Here's a pic of Glurpo the clown: http://www.ectomo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/glurpotheclown.jpg

That picture is of the "Old Weekee Wachee Glurpo" before he moved to the South Pacific. He was lucky because he could wear a wetsuit.The Glurpo I portrayed was with a weighted grass loin cloth, oval mask, wig made of a bathing cap with black shag carpet glued to it, and a weighted Polynesian ley. The duck fins and air hose look familiar. We had to shave smooth so that we didn't have a 5 o'clock shadow of bubbles.

Yep, have not had a day off since diving last month.

Looking at the underwater camera and the Perch that is reminding me that the underwater world goes on no matter how much I have to wait until I can get my next dive day in.

:coffee:

Did I mention how cold it has been in Austin the past couple days?

Attachments

• water jan 10 2010 afternoon fish.jpg
    water jan 10 2010 afternoon fish.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 28
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom