Roll call for Diving for Science training this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done 90 minutes on a single AL 80. Only got out because one of my buddies was cold. Still had ample air left.

As far as Nitrox >40%, that is typically used for deco purposes only. Yes, you can use it on a dive in Aquarena, but what would be the point? You are not going to be loading up on nitrogen, so it serves no real purpose.

You could supersaturate your blood with 02 on Nitrox under pressure.

I met a guy in Cozumel who was doing this on his dive plan to fight terminal cancer as an experiment. Interesting discussions and wish him the best in fighting that awful disease with diving and Nitrox.

AS you know Mack the pro football players use O2 on the sidelines to pump up the O2 in the body for the next play.

Interesting Idea, use 90% O2 and see how pumped you get at Aquarena. An interesting dive physiological experiment in the making.

:popcorn:

Hi Carrie,

John and me got permission from Aaron, lake manager, to clear the deepest channels for this weekend's class. If you get lost, it is your problem, not the weeds. Clear channels from Deep Hole all the way to Diversion. See my post in Dive Conditions for the details.

Out of curiosity, what is the deepest depth at Aquarena and where is it located? Average depths?

Out of curiosity, what is the deepest depth at Aquarena and where is it located? Average depths?

I have not been out for a month and it is based on lake level.

Stick your depth gage inside the mouth of deep hole and my last reading was like 27 feet, last year before the drought I could register a whole 33 feet on the depth gage.

Average depth is probably around 10 to 15 feet deep for the entire run

It is truly an artesian spring with lots of fish life everywhere you look in that crystal clear spring water reminding of all the springs I dove in Florida.

Hi Carrie,

John and me got permission from Aaron, lake manager, to clear the deepest channels for this weekend's class. If you get lost, it is your problem, not the weeds. Clear channels from Deep Hole all the way to Diversion. See my post in Dive Conditions for the details.

Thanks! Eric told me I'll need to lead a tour. I don't know my way around nearly as well as Mary.

Carrie

=( i wanted to sign up for this class, but looks like i'll have to wait for the next dive for science class... i'll just be watching from above since my friend will be getting his certification there.. hopefully i'll be able to talk with some of you as i won't be getting wet ...

=( i wanted to sign up for this class, but looks like i'll have to wait for the next dive for science class... i'll just be watching from above since my friend will be getting his certification there.. hopefully i'll be able to talk with some of you as i won't be getting wet ...

Was the class full?

Anyone want to make plans for dinner Saturday night after we get done with class and start to thaw out?

Was the class full?

no, my friend will be getting his ow certification this weekend, and he would be jealous if i got the diving for science cert. before he did =P so i'm really just along for the ride

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom