Roll Call for all Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAD- wish I could hop that Morgan trip but....though I got my complete doubles rig set up :D 120's HP, Dive Rite Ice's, and a Cochran. Glen and I are looking to hop the Eureka-any ideas?
-Jay

Man........I'm sitting here looking out the window and it is snowing horizontal and we have probably gotten 8" already today. Seems like dive season will never come.

I did just get back from a short trip to Florida last week where we were able to get 6 dives in. Last week ........right, seems like a life time ago already. We left West Palm around 13:15 on Sat. (it was 83F) and drove straight home and arrived at 05:30 Sunday (it was - 3F).

Glad to see so many people on this forum of late. Can't wait to get out there with some of you folks.

JayJudge:
RAD- wish I could hop that Morgan trip but....though I got my complete doubles rig set up :D 120's HP, Dive Rite Ice's, and a Cochran. Glen and I are looking to hop the Eureka-any ideas?
-Jay

Man Jay kickin out the cash huh.:D sounds like a nice set-up.
Unfortunatly the only trip to the Eureka I know of isnt until June with Lynnhaven & its a overnite trip. I hope they will allow a nite dive then 2 dives on Sat. Of course there will be Dive Quarters, but Joe is not even planning any dives til April/May, but all we have to do is outnumber the other divers :eyebrow: & vote the Eureka as the site of choice. As long as conditions are up to it Capt. Steve will run it. :wink:

hey gang - got that same snow blowing here though not as much as elkins - can't waiit for the weather to get reasonable - anybody know if there is anywhere to dive near atlanta? going to be there for 5-6 days late march.

RAD-
well, me, Glen, you....a couple more we rule the roost. As for kickin out the cash, more like the plastic.
As for the rest of you,
a few of us are going to Willow or Mt. Storm on Sat- any takers? I was supposed to go to NC, but have to put an engine in the 4X4, so local is all for me right now. Willow was a balmy 39 2 weeks ago, haven't heard about Storm

Storm was 43-46 two weeks ago depending on whose comp you went by. There must have been some unscheduled maintenance going on or it got real freakin cold up there(highly possible) because last official word from the plant was the temps were not going to drop much below 55 or so. This was in december we were told this. New Years Day it was in the 60's. Would love to join this weekend but too short notice. Missus already has plans made for us. I will be going one weekend in march just not sure which one since scubafest in ohio is the 9,10,11. But I will definitely be going down first weekend in april (good friday)! It's a tradition for me. This will be the third year. Probably go down thursday evening and stay at the mountaineer. If I get out of here early enough a solo night dive if no one else goes will be my goal. Best vis I ever had there was last year on one of these. With my nocturnal TL50 Extreme with a 50 watt bulb i had 20-25 ft plus. Lit up the whole platform and 5 ft around it while hovering at 18 ft.

JimLap:
Storm was 43-46 two weeks ago depending on whose comp you went by. There must have been some unscheduled maintenance going on or it got real freakin cold up there(highly possible) because last official word from the plant was the temps were not going to drop much below 55 or so. This was in december we were told this. New Years Day it was in the 60's. Would love to join this weekend but too short notice. Missus already has plans made for us. I will be going one weekend in march just not sure which one since scubafest in ohio is the 9,10,11. But I will definitely be going down first weekend in april (good friday)! It's a tradition for me. This will be the third year. Probably go down thursday evening and stay at the mountaineer. If I get out of here early enough a solo night dive if no one else goes will be my goal. Best vis I ever had there was last year on one of these. With my nocturnal TL50 Extreme with a 50 watt bulb i had 20-25 ft plus. Lit up the whole platform and 5 ft around it while hovering at 18 ft.

Jim,

Can you give me a contact person and phone number to the plant so I can get up to date temps and conditions at Mount Storm? I need to schedule some training there for our dive team and would appreciate any info you could give me.

Finally, March is here. Winter slips away a little more everyday and soon we will be diving in our favorite local spots. Get out your gear and get ready. WoooHooo!!

Hi All:

Anyone up for Rawlings this Saturday, March 10? Pook and I want to work some more on drysuits and new gear.

Hey RAD, the 18th is possible for me on the boat trip. March weather is really "interesting" at times, BUT we can only hope...

THANKS!

In my quest to meet some of our MABF's I would like to let our little community know that I am tenatively planning to be at Portage Quarry the weekend of 16-17 June.

Anyone that can make that is welcome to stop and give us a shout.

http://www.portagequarry.com/

Back
Top Bottom