Roll Call for all Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey out there. All you bottom feeders sound off and let's see who is out there. Many times I have needed or looked for local dive buddies and get togethers but there never seems to be enough people on this forum to scare up any real interest.

The Mid-Atlantic area is huge and that makes it hard to plan alot of things like big meetings and such. But getting together and conversing on SB shouldn't be a problem. Then one thing may lead to another.

Many of the members on this forum come and go and I have noticed a lot of us, myself included, only seem to post when we need water temps for Mount Storm or Summersville lake and that's fine to a point. I know many of the folks that dive these places personally and they don't even know about SB, and that's my fault I guess. I plan on doing something about that.

Having a lot of dive buddies I really never worried so much about this particular area of the board but I would like to know some folks that I could dive the Great Lakes with or go out off the coast of VA for an afternoon of diving or dive some of the quarries in PA. Problem is we don't have enough folks chatting it up to get things going. I can't even name a single dive shop in Va. much less know what dive sites are out there.

Mrs Prages, bless her heart, has tried to get some interest started in the past and hosted a few gatherings around our area. I even made it out to one. We need more of that.

It's winter here, just look out the window. That makes it a good time to chat it up and meet some of the locals.

Anyone interested?

Hi all!!
Eastern WV here (panhandle) Always willing and usually able to go diving. In fact, as for a get together, I got a new dry suit, gonna play at Willow I think on the 17th, they said it is possible by appointment, anyone else interested? So far, 2 of us for sure, and maybe a 3rd, she might not be able to....And even if not that, alwys looking for buddies.
-Jay

I dive SE Pa and the Jersey Coast

another panhandle diver here - newbie with only 7 dives - but I just got the rest of my Xmas present delivered today (regs and puter) - so I will be pretty much good to go time permitting - snow here tonite and very cold

WVDiver - have you talked to your lunatic friends about Mt. Storm 1/1/07? That should be a T-Shirt dive

cheers

John

btw the posting for volunteers for the baltimore aquarium looked pretty neat - don't remember where I saw it here but it's somewhere

I'm in the DC area. This last season offered major suckage in terms of my diving schedule, however, I'm committed to trying to improve that in 2007. I could do far more diving if I quit my job, but trimix is expensive... It's always something...

Rallys set up on the board are generally the best way to get a group from around here together. I try to make all the Rawlings Rallys if I'm in the country...

Doc

John,
Falling Waters here. Anyway, the Baltimore aquarium dives are run by Atlantic Edge in MD. At least the ones I am thinking of. Oh by the way, I think most of us are going to Storm on 1/1/07. Any other takers?
-Jeff

I am in Chesapeake, VA and just changed jobs again. I currently work every weekend.

Wednesday mornings I normally volunteer at the Virginia Aquarium in Virginia Beach.

I am certainly up for weekday dives (I can weasel out of the Wednesday committment with some notice).

The Great Lakes are out of reach for me, but I can take part in a Maryland/Virginia/ North Carolina charter during the week.

wvjohn:
another panhandle diver here - newbie with only 7 dives - but I just got the rest of my Xmas present delivered today (regs and puter) - so I will be pretty much good to go time permitting - snow here tonight and very cold

WVDiver - have you talked to your lunatic friends about Mt. Storm 1/1/07? That should be a T-Shirt dive

cheers

John

btw the posting for volunteers for the baltimore aquarium looked pretty neat - don't remember where I saw it here but it's somewhere

John,

I have asked around and can not find any serious takers on the Mount Storm New Year Dive but I see there are others that have posted that are going (JayJudge, et. al) I have sent my gear out for it's anual service and have high hopes of getting it back in time to make the dive with you. I will be in touch if I get the gear back in time. Otherwise plan on doing some dives with us at Summersville Lake this spring and summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom