Roll Call for all Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_aqua_girl:
I live in Maryland but travel to all the quarries in PA and VA. Also do some diving in NC thats awesome diving.
This year I am hoping to expand my diving places and travel somewhere.
Scuba,

I live in Harford and am always ready for a dive, let me know if you need a buddy some weekend.

Gary
Harford County, MD.

Hey everyone!

Im in NoVA, about 1 mile away from The Dive Shop. I did all my certification dives at Millbrook, but thats pretty much it for this area. What I'm really interested in (not sure if its possible), is to go diving for MD blue crabs! Maybe river diving in the Patuxent? Are there charters for this? Could be a fun get together...

Howdy

I'm in the Hampton VA area (just North of VA Beach) and still consider myself a novice. I've got AOW and Nitrox certs but am only working with single tanks at this time. I have another LP95 coming that I'll double-up eventually but until then I'm diving singles.

Picked up a drysuit for Christmas but...still trying to manage that damn "bubble" so I can get the trim/hover where I want it. Love the Atlantic, train at Rawlings and am mostly available on weekends when I'm in town. My wife doesn't dive so always looking for a buddy.

Dane

Nothing wrong with singles. I still dive singles most of the time.

Annapolis, Md. here! I take offensive to the comment about dive buddies with singles. I've done 165ft wreck dive on a single 80 without the need to use the hang tanks on the deco stops. That was a few years ago and my sac rate isn't quite what it used to be, but I'm a far cry from an air hog.

The comment about diving for crabs in the bay. Sorry, we don't dive for crabs we set pots out for them. Some people do still dive for oysters in the fall/winter. It's getting hard to find healthy oyster beds though.

hardcorerobot:
Hey everyone!

Im in NoVA, about 1 mile away from The Dive Shop. I did all my certification dives at Millbrook, but thats pretty much it for this area. What I'm really interested in (not sure if its possible), is to go diving for MD blue crabs! Maybe river diving in the Patuxent? Are there charters for this? Could be a fun get together...
Blue crabs are pretty fast in the water. I hardly ever see one and doubt I could catch one.

Pots, traps, and lines are pretty easy as opposed to burning up bottom time trying to chase crabs.

I see Blue Crabs in the bays of Jersey

I hail from the Severna Park Area. Virginia beach, Storm Mountain, OC and any where south to the keys for anyone looking for a dive buddy. I'm just learning to dive dry but that should be resolved in a month. I hope.

Hi Pman,

I and my 2 business partners are all divers from Wilmington, DE. We're gonna try diving the local quarries this coming Spring/Summer. We're newbies, got our C-cards from Florida a few years back. Owning the business does have it's perks - we can dive anytime we feel like not working.....cool huh! Where are you from in Delawhere

Dive Safe,
Dan

I'm in Hampton Virginia and am in the process of gearing up for my OW certification classes.

After that I'll be underwater as often as I can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom