Rocky Mountain Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just thought I'd drop in and say hello. Unfortunately, I'm probably not eligible to join the club, as I don't dive locally any more. I'm embarrassed to say that I sort of outgrew my custom wetsuit, and I really can't justify the expense of replacing it. But from 89 - 94 I dove CO and NM both recreationally and semi-professionally (PADI DM). I did my OW and AOW at the Blue Hole, Rescue at Kingfisher Pond, DM back at the Blue Hole and Perch Lake. Been to both the Blue Hole and Perch (there's a Plane there too, or at least there used to be) many times assisting with various classes. My DM buddy and I were the DM team from A-1 for AOW for a couple of summers in Santa Rosa.

It brings back good memories just to read that it's still happening, even if I'm not part of the action any more. And Ron, I agree with you. I'd rather dive in the 62 degree Blue Hole than the Utah hot tub :wink: . The only thing you will miss this early in the year is a chance to do your nav or search dives (if you elect them) at Perch Lake. Nav takes a lot of practice in the Hole, because the current keeps throwing you off, even if you stay on course by the compass. I will be returning from a week on Little Cayman on the 12th, so I'll look forward to reading about your dives.

RP Diver:
Unfortunately, I'm probably not eligible to join the club, as I don't dive locally any more.

I never saw in the by-laws that you have to be currently diving in the Rocky Mountains. In fact I never saw any by-laws.

Your experience and insight will be valuable. Welcome aboard.

knotical:
I never saw in the by-laws that you have to be currently diving in the Rocky Mountains. In fact I never saw any by-laws.

Your experience and insight will be valuable. Welcome aboard.

Darn tootin'. If you had to be diving in the region to qualify, this board would fizzle pretty quickly. Some of the discussion can and should be about travel deals from the region to scuba meccas, group trips, and of course conning some folks into doing some local mud diving in the local resevoirs :wink:

Hummmm,
Another place to dive....
Can I stick a boat in at Wellington?
Where is it? I go through Baily all the time, actually, I have friends up there.

Hi RP, yes the plane is till at Perch. I'm diving it with Rickster and another DCC on Friday. They put a car in the bottom of it too, it actually has a platform above the car. I still think Perch is one of the best fresh water dives there is. If you dive it early enough in the year, you usually have 50' + vis. Also, what size suit do you need? I have an extra dry suit and maybe a wet suit.

Greg

Dr. Frankenmule:
Hummmm,
Where is it? I go through Baily all the time, actually, I have friends up there.

Greg

This tells a little bit about it. Plus directions.
http://www.bailey-net.com/AreaBusiness/WellingtonLk.html
It is not a huge place.
There is also a little about it on divecolorado.com.

Dr. Frankenmule:
Hummmm,

Greg

Hey Greg,
Teresa and I have been to Wellington. I haven't dove it yet, but if you want to, let me know. It looks like a good possibility. Has anyone else dove Wellington? Just wondering about vis and anything to see?
Rick

octotat:
Darn tootin'. If you had to be diving in the region to qualify, this board would fizzle pretty quickly. Some of the discussion can and should be about travel deals from the region to scuba meccas, group trips, and of course conning some folks into doing some local mud diving in the local resevoirs :wink:

Well, in that case, and if you'll accept female members who are confirmed warm water wimps, count me in!

Amber

So when does Aurora Res. open for diving?

We should have ourselves a little Oyster party there on the scuba beach.

BurBunny:
Well, in that case, and if you'll accept female members who are confirmed warm water wimps, count me in!

Amber

Based on how male dominated this group seems to be, you can bet we accept female members no matter what water they dive in. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom