Rocky Mountain Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing like having a few ladies around to cut down on the male testosterone BS.

That came directly from my wife, reading this over my shoulder.

As did the smack on the back of my head. Ouch.

Wijbrandus:
So when does Aurora Res. open for diving?

We should have ourselves a little Oyster party there on the scuba beach.

Party always sounds good.

According to what I’ve always heard, and this Aurora URL, “the Aurora Reservoir is open year-round”, but it also says “note: We have not determined if the swim beach will be available in 2005.”

Scuba beach is not the same as swim beach, but to be on the safe side, someone might want to call the facility/rangers (303-690-1286 or -1633) to make sure scuba beach will be available. Is it a local call for anyone? < demonstrating my cheap-skatedness > :11ztongue

The automated phone system only lists 2004 information. :(

I can't get a live person to answer the phone. I've left a VM, and I'll let you know what I hear, if anything.

octotat:
Based on how male dominated this group seems to be, you can bet we accept female members no matter what water they dive in. :eyebrow:
Wijbrandus:
Nothing like having a few ladies around to cut down on the male testosterone BS.

That came directly from my wife, reading this over my shoulder.

As did the smack on the back of my head. Ouch.
Thank you kindly! Was a bit surprised that none of the other Colorado Female Dive contingent had weighed in, so thought it was wise to double check that the oysters hadn't gotten the best of you. Opps, I mean that it was just an oversight. ::: blink :::

Robert, will your wife be participating as well I hope? Might need a chaperone with all you studly male diver types :koff:

Looking forward to hearing about the Aurora Reservoir results. While I likely won't be joining you in the water, I'm all up for a social event. I'll tend the fire on the beach so you can warm up when you come ashore. Of course, I may reserve the right to giggle a tad when you're shivering and wondering what on earth possessed you to go in the water when the temps ABOVE the thermocline aren't even in the high 60s...

Amber

My wife is strictly a warm water weenie. She'll go, but I'd be shocked if she actually gets in the water. On the other hand, I can vouch for her excellent bbq skills. She is definitely one to leave in charge of the grill and the beer. :)

At this time, I still have not heard back from the park service. Maybe they are closed for the winter? (Not likely.)

Cold water is how we learn to appreciate warm water, right? Just make sure it's a hot fire...

BurBunny:
Of course, I may reserve the right to giggle a tad when you're shivering and wondering what on earth possessed you to go in the water when the temps ABOVE the thermocline aren't even in the high 60s...

Amber

Remember, there is no such thing as a cold dive, just a cold gear selection.

Wijbrandus:
How many other people here dive wet only, like me?

Or do all of you dive dry?
Definitely wet here, which is the reason for warm water. I truly dislike thick neoprene.

Will admit I keep toying with learning dry so I could go play with otters and such in the Channel Islands, but not there yet.

I have a 7mm semi-dry one piece wetsuit....but I'm PADI dry certified, and waiting for the cash to buy a drysuit.

I dove last weekend in 59 deg water, and was comfortable. Does anyone know what Aurora Res and Carter look like temp wise?

Ok, I finally reached someone at Aurora park services.

The Scuba Beach will be open for business on 1 April.

Current conditions are 40F at the surface and 50% iced over. Brr!

Where do I rent a drysuit!?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom