Rocky Mountain Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the consensus is most of us dive wet. :(

I look over at the drysuits every time I go into an LDS, and drool. At the price those things run, I've got too many other things to buy of a higher priority.

But I still drool over them. :)

Hi Rocky Mountain Oysters. If you have only used “new posts” recently you might have missed two recent changes to the RMO forum.

First, and hard to miss, it is now a sub-sub-sub-forum ( Scubaboard.com > Regional Travel & Dive Clubs > North America > United States > Rocky Mountain Oysters). That’s cool.

Second, but more subtle, Tech Admin have been kind enough to move several old threads from what used to be the “North America not served by the clubs” forum to the RMO forum. Browsing these old threads provides useful local info.

Thank you Tech Admin, whoever you are.

Wijbrandus:
Speaking of a scuba-party at Aurora, how warm does the water need to be before people are willing to get wet? Are we shooting for 50F? 55F?
Schedule permitting, and whatever the water temp, I’ll come at least for the social aspect, and to make sure the seniors are represented. I’ll probably dive dry.

Should we start a new thread for this subject? Something like “Inaugural Rocky Mountain Oyster gathering” ?

boulderjohn:
Definitely! I am thinking of the whole Rocky Mountain region. The Western Slope absolutely qualifies, especially since you have started making very good wine in great quantities.

I always wondered what it would take for the Western Slope to count :wink:

I am in. Any weekend someone wants to dive local and needs a buddy count me in. This will be my first summer to dive. Blue Hole, Homestead, and Bonne Terre, MO are the only places I have dived so far.

newt:
Hi Con,
Why don't a group of us meet in August or September at the lake. Yes it is wet suitable, and the top can be downright tropical ( 70's) but the thermacline takes you to about 60 degrees or below. The thermacline is reported to be at 40 feet, and maybe in some areas it is. I have found near the dam it is closer to the surface.
But if your comfortable in these temps, come on in. Lets do a dive party where the tribes from the east (Colorado) meet the dive tribes of the west (Utah). I think it would be one heck of a good weekend.

Will depend a bit upon the timing, but I'd be up for the experinece. There are a few of us here in Denver that would likely make a road trip of it... and did you say...

BOAT??

That is the ONLY way to explore Flaming gorge. Let's talk and set it up for maybe late Aug.... 60F water does not bother me as long as the weather is good so one is not freezing between dives.

I'm up for any diving as my schedule permits, I haven't done any since I moved here in January, but I bought a dry suit in anticipation of the move and will dive pretty much anything, wet or dry. Just let me know and I'll try to make it. I'm starting to shrivel like a prune, it's been so long since I got wet.

johndoe5:
Hey I want to join! I am just getting back into diving and need to find someone who can dive locally with me in the Denver area
Hi johndoe5,
By posting, you have joined. (I don't think we have any rules, other than the obvious things, like courtesy.) I assume you've seen the info in the calendar and elsewhere about the get-together at Aurora Reservoir on June 18th. Welcome back to diving.

Hi, I am retiring the user name JohnDoe5 and going with this as my new one....looking forward to the Aurora Res get together as well as meeting the rest of you

Back
Top Bottom