Rocket Ascents... Can divers breach like a fish (split from Accident in Mich)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rec Diver:
If ignorance is bliss, then you must be a truely happy person!

You have some serious issues .. :D

While you may see some cerebrally challenged folks here, (hint: *Do Not* look in the mirror)

Saying this about who you said it about, just makes me laugh out loud........

Mike's BS meter is usually spot on.

Darlene

Scuba_Vixen:
You have some serious issues .. :D

While you may see some cerebrally challenged folks here, (hint: *Do Not* look in the mirror)

Saying this about who you said it about, just makes me laugh out loud........

Mike's BS meter is usually spot on.

Darlene

I am glad you had a good laugh. But, sometimes the meter needs to calibrated and the battery checked.

Rec Diver:
I am glad you had a good laugh. But, sometimes the meter needs to calibrated and the battery checked.
The claim that a diver ascended so quickly so as to actually leave the surface of the water is absurd beyond belief. Give it up. Even if you don't, guys, please bring it to another thread out of respect for Bob.

pants!:
The claim that a diver ascended so quickly so as to actually leave the surface of the water is absurd beyond belief. Give it up. Even if you don't, guys, please bring it to another thread out of respect for Bob.

That is what they said about Apollo 11 as well. Of course, you probably think that Neil Armstrong walking on the moon was absurd too.

Uncle Pug:
Maybe she ascended feet first.

:D

Mebbie.

I can't even get my bare feet to clear when I try to jump out of a 2 or 3 foot swimming pool. I can't imagine being able to do it with full gear on from depth. Even if I was diving a BC with a hundred pounds of lift.

---
Ken

Uncle Pug:
Maybe she ascended feet first.
Well, that would explain it, wouldn't it? Drysuit perhaps?
---
Now, as for the physics of the problem... with air as a filler, nothing will launch itself clear of the water from buoyancy alone - nothing, not even a balloon. And no human can generate enough thrust on their own to get clear either, not even Mark Spitz.
I'll put money on it. :)
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Well, that would explain it, wouldn't it? Drysuit perhaps?
---
Now, as for the physics of the problem... with air as a filler, nothing will launch itself clear of the water from buoyancy alone - nothing, not even a balloon. And no human can generate enough thrust on their own to get clear either, not even Mark Spitz.
I'll put money on it. :)
Rick

In the book the, "The Last Dive", the author recalls an accident about a diver who's drysuit fill valve stunk in the open position. His ascent, from a depth in excess of 100 feet, was so quick that eye witnesses said, "that his fins cleared the water upon exiting". The end result was that this particular dive ened up wheel chair bound from this experience.

For those of you that can not exceed 2 feet of clearnace from the water, I would suggest that you consider losing some of your extra weight before continuing to dive. Hell, I have seen whales clear more than that at the zoo.

If you ascend head down... and it doesn't matter how slowly you do it... you can always get your fins to break the surface. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom