Road Trip to Pompano?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got a call from Scubatymes captain, it appears he is having motor trobles and canceling saturdays dives. Do we have a alternate plan? I have only dove on one other boat here in the south, Splashdown Divers out of Boynton Beach...good boat.

Scubatyme is putting us on another boat, same $, same profile

Day One: Rest of the bums are fast asleep.:)

Anything that could go wrong just about did. Everyone is fine. Here is quick synopsis.

The Bad:

1: Unnamed diver forget reg. Husband runs back to hotel to get it.
2: Unnamed diver 2 puts gear on wrong dive boat. Catches error in-time.
3: No parking at dive op for some of us. Park at hotel and run!
4: Reg bad of unnamed diver 1 disappears with a few small valuables inside.
5: Gear bag breaks-no biggie.
6: Drysuit bag breaks-no biggie
7: The dive operation was laughable. I could write pages on errors. It was NOT Scubatyme.
8: "Mystery sickness comes over one of our group". I will let him explain. :depressed:

The Good:

1: Meet Joe, and his wife from Tampa. Sorry I'm horrible with names. Super fun people to hang out with.
2: The Ancient Mariner Wreck was a blast. Good times :)
3: Second dive was 45-60 foot reef. Nice drift dive.
4: We got some great pics to upload when we get back.
5: Tara went fishing, and caught a "Twenty". Pic to come later.
6: Our diver that ws under "mystery sickness" is fine. Well fine as he ever will be.:wink:
7: We will NEVER dive with Southern Florida Dive Center again. Yes, it's a good thing. Lesson learned.
8: One more day of diving to come before heading. Time for bed.:doh2:

PICT0114Large.jpg

Day One: Rest of the bums are fast asleep.:)

Anything that could go wrong just about did. Everyone is fine. Here is quick synopsis.

The Bad:

1: Unnamed diver forget reg. Husband runs back to hotel to get it.
2: Unnamed diver 2 puts gear on wrong dive boat. Catches error in-time.
3: No parking at dive op for some of us. Park at hotel and run!
4: Reg bad of unnamed diver 1 disappears with a few small valuables inside.
5: Gear bag breaks-no biggie.
6: Drysuit bag breaks-no biggie
7: The dive operation was laughable. I could write pages on errors. It was NOT Scubatyme.
8: "Mystery sickness comes over one of our group". I will let him explain. :depressed:

The Good:

1: Meet Joe, and his wife from Tampa. Sorry I'm horrible with names. Super fun people to hang out with.
2: The Ancient Mariner Wreck was a blast. Good times :)
3: Second dive was 45-60 foot reef. Nice drift dive.
4: We got some great pics to upload when we get back.
5: Tara went fishing, and caught a "Twenty". Pic to come later.
6: Our diver that ws under "mystery sickness" is fine. Well fine as he ever will be.:wink:
7: We will NEVER dive with Southern Florida Dive Center again. Yes, it's a good thing. Lesson learned.
8: One more day of diving to come before heading. Time for bed.:doh2:

Was there a reg in the bag?? (I hope your going to say it was just the bag)

And people don't listen to the locals.... rather get advice from people 800 miles away...

:)

Was there a reg in the bag?? (I hope your going to say it was just the bag)

Nope, no reg in the bag. And, luckily, the bag was located this AM in my gear bag. It must have fallen loose from where Mrs. Reef put it during our dive, and the dive crew I guess just chose the nearest gear bag and put it in there. Wow was she happy this morning!

And people don't listen to the locals.... rather get advice from people 800 miles away...

:)

Netmage, I fully get what your saying and certainly agree with the point. But, trust me man, you would have needed a crystal ball to give us warnings about what we experienced with that Charter. I have to believe that if our experience was typical, that operation would be shunned by it's agency and possibly it's insurance company... As far as our trip in general, it was a great trip. It ended up being much more educational than planned but that's never a bad thing as long as it all ends well. As for my "mystery illness", that is only a verbal story. I'm not posting that due to lack of evidence of what I know happened in general and strongly suspect in particular...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom