Road Trip to Pompano?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
:popcorn:

Let us pause for a moment, shall we? I do believe both of you are taken. So please tell me what interest I might have in female DM :wink: Actually on second thought, I should be scouting for I Dive :D

First of all .... taken does not mean dead. It's pefectly fine to read the menu as long as you go home for dinner. Besides maybe they are just trying to scout out a hottie for a friend too. Thats the story I would give anyway.:wink:

First of all .... taken does not mean dead. It's pefectly fine to read the menu as long as you go home for dinner. Besides maybe they are just trying to scout out a hottie for a friend too. Thats the story I would give anyway.:wink:

Big Pimpin...I'm with Git R Dun. We are not dead.

:ppd:

Yeah but Scubatyme's DM is a hottie and SFD's captains are always grumpy :wink:

I vote for Scubatyme based on DS's info!

Looks like we are booking with Scubatyme.

www.scubatyme.com

They are doing a 40 foot reef, and a 50-60 foot wreck the 14th.

The 15th we are planning on doing a shore dive early.

I'll post more details once everything is set.

It should be good times.:)

Oh yeah, the DM was part of the consideration. We gotta hook Dave up.

Also don't know if you guys have ever stayed here but this place is great: SailFish Marina You can sit and chill in the evening outside your room on the water!

Robin and I have stayed at the Sailfish during mini season two years ago. We had one of the little hotel rooms adjacent from the restaurant. I thought it was nice but a little pricey.

The Sailfish looks nice. I think I want to try and make our shore dives as convenient as possible. If anyone wants to stay at Lauderdale by the Sea Resort and Beach Club | Fort Lauderdale Hotel Specials and Accommodations let me know. If 4 of us go in on it, we can stay there for a little over $60 per night per person, roughly $125 each for the weekend. Not the cheapest thing ever, but SUHWEET!!! And, really, that isn't a bad deal considering the location. It would be an oceanview room and it looks to me like it's right at Hibiscus so we could walk from our room to the awesome diving! If we want it we need to jump on it soon, let me know! I just need three more and I think Mr and Mrs. Reef are two of them!

The Sailfish looks nice. I think I want to try and make our shore dives as convenient as possible. If anyone wants to stay at Lauderdale by the Sea Resort and Beach Club | Fort Lauderdale Hotel Specials and Accommodations let me know. If 4 of us go in on it, we can stay there for a little over $60 per night per person, roughly $125 each for the weekend. Not the cheapest thing ever, but SUHWEET!!! And, really, that isn't a bad deal considering the location. It would be an oceanview room and it looks to me like it's right at Hibiscus so we could walk from our room to the awesome diving! If we want it we need to jump on it soon, let me know! I just need three more and I think Mr and Mrs. Reef are two of them!

Dave - SeaEcho allows you to gear up and walk straight into the water (that close). Following is some info you may find good. I think Betty @ SeaEcho rents at $85 a night!

Link to the LBTS hotel web site http://www.lbts.com/hotels.html. FWIW, anyplace you choose below Commercial (Anything below 4400 El Mar Drive will get you there) you can dive off Datura and/or Hibiscus. Even numbers are on the beach, odd numbers accross the street. If you don't care about a swimming pool, go with SeaEcho, you'll save a lot of cash and it is right across the road from Hibiscus. Betty is the woman that runs it. She is very nice & the place is most definitely diver friendly. There's a grill & big old shade tree to sit under post dive. Lot's of resaurants within walking distance of these hotels, BTW.

Next door to Hibiscus is Costa Del Sol, a time share that rents by the night. There is a pool & such with the added bonus of being able to walk right out onto the sand & into the water (SeaEcho - you have to cross a small road). On Datura (beachside) there is the Windjammer to stay in. There are showers at every portal but there are no public restrooms.

Last edited:
Dave - SeaEcho allows you to gear up and walk straight into the water (that close). Following is some info you may find good. I think Betty @ SeaEcho rents at $85 a night!

Link to the LBTS hotel web sitehttp://www.lbts.com/hotels.html. FWIW, anyplace you choose below Commercial (Anything below 4400 El Mar Drive will get you there) you can dive off Datura and/or Hibiscus. Even numbers are on the beach, odd numbers accross the street. If you don't care about a swimming pool, go with SeaEcho, you'll save a lot of cash and it is right across the road from Hibiscus. Betty is the woman that runs it. She is very nice & the place is most definitely diver friendly. There's a grill & big old shade tree to sit under post dive. Lot's of resaurants within walking distance of these hotels, BTW.

Next door to Hibiscus is Costa Del Sol, a time share that rents by the night also. Pool & such with the added bonus of being able to walk right out onto the sand & into the water (SeaEcho - you have to cross a small road). On Datura (beachside) there is the Windjammer to stay in. There are showers at every portal but there are no public restrooms.

Works for me!

We will do whatever. I like the idea of just walking out into the water. None of those listed take pets, but that's not a big deal.

None of those listed take pets/QUOTE]

Your right. If MissD plans on coming with us, we will definitely have to find another place to stay!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom