rEvo modifications, tweaks and customisations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the sake of keeping things as simple as possible, I’m just wondering what was the specific reason given for replacing the harness? Is there a ‘plastic buckle failure rate’ that has been published or recorded somewhere ?
Tks
Cathal
Hated it. Clips and dangly things everywhere. Can't add the two chest D-rings. Absolute embuggerance, like using some BCD.

It's now living in the diving crap bin with the rattle, quacker, snorkel, BFKs and myriad yellow tat.

The one-piece harness is so much cleaner and reliable.

Hated it. Clips and dangly things everywhere. Can't add the two chest D-rings. Absolute embuggerance, like using some BCD.

It's now living in the diving crap bin with the rattle, quacker, snorkel, BFKs and myriad yellow tat.

The one-piece harness is so much cleaner and reliable.
Interesting. My experience with the harness was completely opposite of what you describe.

I don't use a stand (anymore) and getting and out is a breeze with the the clips. Granted, I will probably change everything with time, but the stock configuration works for me.

I did remove the stock buckle in favor of my trusted Highland. The buckle is also close to the right side of the body.

The one-piece harness is so much cleaner and reliable word reliable pops

Interesting. My experience with the harness was completely opposite of what you describe.

I don't use a stand (anymore) and getting and out is a breeze with the the clips.
Similar experience with the standard harness. Working great for the last 10 years.

Yeah. I despise one piece harnesses. My rEvo ,purchased second hand, has a Dive Rite Nomad harness setup and it’s perfect.

Not sure how much of a "mod" that is, but I cut off the collars from the gauges so that I could do field service, if required.

The plastic is hard to get off. Get water up to 140F/60C, put the gauge in the water for ~3 mins. Cut and adjust as necessary. While your wife is away, use her nail file to round the corners. Then put it back and tell her "I have no idea what happened" if she asks ;-)

gauge.png

We all agree: we like our harnesses :)

I don't like the adjustable straps dangling down and getting in the way when clipping things off. Not keen on the cross-chest strap either.

Adjustable harnesses do make donning and especially doffing the unit a breeze, especially if there's no stand.

One-piece harnesses means everything's tidied away and in the same place on all dives. Getting out of it requires the wing to be deflated and the stand becomes almost essential.

Agree on the buckle too. The stock buckle is very chunky. Like a lighter weight thin one which slips through the crotch strap more easily.

Not keen on the cross-chest strap either.
That was my first mod - I cut it up fast ;-)

I am 44 US chest size and I could not buckle the cross-chest strap. I guess Belgians don't do pushups or bench presses.

The KT stand is great but pretty heavy -- fine for cold diving.

Revo's stand is a bit lighter -- titanium -- but only fits on post 2019 units without "factory" modifications (some captive nuts need to be pressed into the casej

Are there other stands?
Don Six stand. Have one. Only been out a couple of times with it. So far I am liking it.

Don Six stand. Have one. Only been out a couple of times with it. So far I am liking it.
Any links to that stand?

Back
Top Bottom