Review: NWGrateful Diver's Advanced Scuba Diver Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
Hey, UP, GREAT to see you back here!

I don't push Koolaid. Really, I DON'T push Koolaid. I may eat, sleep and breathe it, but I don't push it. Really.

As far as Doug goes, if a rock is sitting at the top of a steep slope, is the small nudge it gets responsible for the entire subsequent avalanche?

Bob doesn't teach Fundies. Steve White is our local GUE instructor, and he's very good. Peter and I have two guest rooms which we have made available to people coming in from out of town for classes before. You just have to be able to put up with wall-to-wall cat hair. The upside is that dripping neoprene doesn't bother us at all :)
I'll have to remember that. :wink:

My wife is getting certified next year, once she's healed up from back surgery and gets the medical OK. After she has enough dives under her belt to benefit, I may just haul her up there to take Bob's AOW course. I've read his written material and it's phenominal. I'll join, even though I'm already Rescue certified, cuz I suspect there aren't many out there who couldn't learn a thing or two from Bob's class. :)

We've been talking about visiting Seattle in general and visiting friends and playing tourist, so why not combine it with my favorite activity?

I am almost tempted to take AOW all over again just to take one of Bob's classes. I have been lucky to dive with him a few times. Always a treat. I watched his class awhile Saturday between dives and they were definitely into the class and having fun.

You guys are so lucky you have Bob!

Just out of curiosity - I am PADI OW certified. Would I be able to take Bob's NAUI AOW certification? Also - if I eventually want to get my PADI Dive Master cert, would the NAUI AOW be a possible substitute for the PADI AOW?

Thanks

dsteding:
For those who may not know this, it is official, Bob is half-fish. Maybe half seal. Point being, he can flat out haul ***** underwater when he wants to. He'd look over his shoulder at us with a look like a big dog that is a bit frustrated his puppies can't keep up.

-Doug

My sister and I took Bob’s AOW class a few months ago. I HEARTILY second everything said here. :)

Before we started the mid-water navigation exercise, Bob sat down with us, briefed us again on the dive plan, and then said, “By the way, please swim slow….I’m towing a dive flag on this exercise, and I’m an old fat guy

So we try to swim slowly, worrying about the old fat guy. :)

Dive three was the same as Doug’s – SAC rate calculations. Bob indicates that it’s time to calc our working SAC…..and takes off. Part seal, part fish, part something! I’m a very strong swimmer, and I had to bust my butt to keep up. He can move!

When we got out of the water, the first thing my sister says “Old fat guy my *ss!”

Now we know better, Bob, you can’t play that card with us again. :D

Sorry guys-Doug and Chris-but I had to laugh when Bob took off; there were enough bubbles coming out of your two regulators that I could have removed my reg and sipped off of the trail that the two of you were leaving!

When I was looking into taking OW, a buddy of mine told me to seek out Bob. I emailed him, but through issues in timing, we didn't link up, and I took the course from a new LDS in Tacoma. I am planning to take the AOW sometime soon.

Bob, if you are reading this, where can we sign up for your AOW?

TSandM:
I don't push Koolaid. Really, I DON'T push Koolaid. I may eat, sleep and breathe it, but I don't push it. Really.

Yeah right... I hear you have one of these outside your house....:D

ka_fact_17.gif

Blitz:
Sorry guys-Doug and Chris-but I had to laugh when Bob took off; there were enough bubbles coming out of your two regulators that I could have removed my reg and sipped off of the trail that the two of you were leaving!

Yeah, uh, I don't think you could have emptied that tank faster by free-flowing the regs . . . I wanted to borrow Lamont's scooter.

reefugee:
You guys are so lucky you have Bob!

Just out of curiosity - I am PADI OW certified. Would I be able to take Bob's NAUI AOW certification? Also - if I eventually want to get my PADI Dive Master cert, would the NAUI AOW be a possible substitute for the PADI AOW?

Thanks
Yes to all of your questions.

CompuDude:
I'll join, even though I'm already Rescue certified, cuz I suspect there aren't many out there who couldn't learn a thing or two from Bob's class. :)
I've posted a couple of times that I would be interested in taking Bob's AOW course. No doubt I would learn from it.

Back
Top Bottom