Results for Fall Meet & Greet: Sept 28-30, 2007 Gilboa Quarry

Which weekend for Gilboa Fall Meet & Greet?

• Sept. 14-15

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Sept. 21-23

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sept. 28-30

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Oct. 12-14

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

indydivegal:
Gilboa is one place I have not made it to yet, can you tell me about the accomodations? I will check out the website as well, but its always good to get other's opinions. I might need a dive buddy as well, unless I can find someone here to go with me or meet me there.

Accommodations are primarily camping or a hotel in Findlay. There are a few rooms/apartments actually at the quarry, but I've never stayed in them nor seen them. Someone else will have to fill in the gap there.

The quarry is very, very nice. Beautiful entry docks, lots of fish and underwater attractions. Plenty of campsites and most of them are conveniently located close to the entry docks.

As far as a dive buddy, the good thing about the M&G is that everyone is a dive buddy! It's a great place to meet and dive with new folks. There is never a problem finding a buddy or two when you're ready to dive. There is usually someone else on your same schedule who will gladly dive with you.

Betail:
Ber, as a mod can you blow away the old poll and set up a new one so we can actually get a current poll on what date works best?

Ummm, I've been bad and haven't been following the thread...what dates would you like in the poll? Are we just wiping all the votes off or changing the choices? (or did you guys find someone to do it for you while I was diving?)
Ber :lilbunny:

Divin'Hoosier:
Accommodations are primarily camping or a hotel in Findlay. There are a few rooms/apartments actually at the quarry, but I've never stayed in them nor seen them. Someone else will have to fill in the gap there.

The quarry is very, very nice. Beautiful entry docks, lots of fish and underwater attractions. Plenty of campsites and most of them are conveniently located close to the entry docks.

As far as a dive buddy, the good thing about the M&G is that everyone is a dive buddy! It's a great place to meet and dive with new folks. There is never a problem finding a buddy or two when you're ready to dive. There is usually someone else on your same schedule who will gladly dive with you.
Very cool. Since I am not a "camper" (long story) I will opt for a hotel in Findlay or the rooms at the quarry I am sure would be fine. As for a dive buddy, I hope so! Especially not having dived there would like to find someone who has been around the quarry and could perhaps be guide for me as well - at least for a dive or two.

IDG... finding your way around Gilboa is easy as can be! The attractions are all fairly close together, and it's not nearly as dark as BS. The vis is generally much better too. Gilboa rocks!

Don't forget to buy a bag or two of trout feed ($.50 at the office) and serve them lunch at the bus! Amazing frenzy!

diver_paula:
The 28th is the only weekend I have trouble with. As for s'mores, I had some great ones recently. Besides being delicious they were easy. Graham crackers, marshmallow and a Reese's cup. The chocolate melts quickly and you get peanut butter! At Gilboa this weekend someone mentioned possibly using Fudge Stripe cookies instead of graham crackers.

hmmm. Would we get booted for not being SIR.

Paula

There is no cheating when following the SIR Smore recipe. Steps are taken in a certain sequence for the safety of the consumer. Please review the recipe, how could you prefer chunked peanut butter over creamy Jiff?

SIR Smores are all about the love of the preperation. Your penince will be to recite the recipe 10 times. Now sin no more.

Heya,
I am pretty new to the forum here, but I like diving at gilboa and will be sure to be there. I like camping there..its A nice :)

MentalMarine:
Heya,
I am pretty new to the forum here, but I like diving at gilboa and will be sure to be there. I like camping there..its A nice :)

We'd love to have you! Just remember, what happens at Meet-n-Greet STAYS at Meet-n-Greet :wink:

I'll be right back :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

Mitten Diver:
Oh yeah I will have some gear for sale for those that may be in need of a piece of gear. I will have a couple of wetsuits, a couple of Balance BCs and an OS drysuit w/undies.

Would those be the same undies that we had so much fun with last year. BTW, where's Katie? :D Mitten let her out!!

erparamedic:
IDG... finding your way around Gilboa is easy as can be! The attractions are all fairly close together, and it's not nearly as dark as BS. The vis is generally much better too. Gilboa rocks!

Don't forget to buy a bag or two of trout feed ($.50 at the office) and serve them lunch at the bus! Amazing frenzy!
I am sure it is, but having a buddy with me would be more fun!

indydivegal:
Gilboa is one place I have not made it to yet, can you tell me about the accomodations? I will check out the website as well, but its always good to get other's opinions. I might need a dive buddy as well, unless I can find someone here to go with me or meet me there.

I should keep some type of word doc or something so this doesnt have to be typed over and over and over. But here it goes again for those who are new or missed it the last meet and greets

1.Most people camp as that is where the action is if you drive back to findlay you miss John and Teds entertainment.

2. If camping scares you Ted brings the GLWC Bunkhouse it has better accomodations than most of the hotels in Findaly and the price is much better also. Also if Betail comes then he also has a Bunkhouse that he brings.
3. Dont worry about coming without a buddy. This event is a TEAM event there are always people in the water, or if no one is in the water just ask who is ready to dive and you will have no problem finding someone to dive with. You have to dive with John MITTEN_ Diver at least once though so you can sign his rolling LOG Book. Door.

4. Most importantly come and meet everyone and have fun. and always abide by the bylaws of GLWC MEET N GREET What happens at MEET N GREET Stays at meet and greet.

Back
Top Bottom