Restructuring Florida...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So is this anything like redistricting? How will it affect the outcome of the next election?

Just some food for thought; I am sure El has done his homework and looked at the other thread discussions on dividing into geographical areas. If he hasn't, I will join the mob that will be sent to beat him to death with a wet noodle :winky:

Life is too short to be worried about how the forums are displayed. I will simply change my shortcuts in my favorites, and it will be done :)

There are quite a few of us from FL (born and raised). It's the S.E. coast, Orlando and Tampa areas that have the large infusion of non-"real Floridians". BTW, the term to refer to a Florida Native is "Cracker" which is from the days of Florida being the Unions original Beef state and large cattle drives were fairly common.
OH-JJ:
oh quit your whining.... it not like there are any real Floridians in Florida.... Everyone knows that them dang yanks just get tired of being snowbirds and just stop migrating...... (of course we have had homes in Florida now for five generations :wink:

Growing up I always heard East Coast (Sunrise), West Coast (Sunset), The Panhandle and then Orlando. For some reason Orlando was always singled out, and this was way before Disney and all the Growth. Our High School football played Kissimmee on a field in the middle of sugar cane. I being a native of the East Coast of Florida prefer "Mr. Cracker".:rofl3:

427Dave:
Growing up I always heard East Coast (Sunrise), West Coast (Sunset), The Panhandle and then Orlando. For some reason Orlando was always singled out, and this was way before Disney and all the Growth. Our High School football played Kissimmee on a field in the middle of sugar cane. I being a native of the East Coast of Florida prefer "Mr. Cracker".:rofl3:

Growing up it has always been Left coast, right coast, pimples(keys), and neck.everything in between was dry land

Being an almost native to Cocoa Beach, I have also lived in Melbourne (did you know Jim Morrison of the "Doors" was a Melbourne person), Titusville, Cape Canaveral & Port St John...But the beach is my home. The only other place that I would like to live other CB is Key Largo...but there's no beach in KL!

El Orans:
This restructuring is performed to align the Florida Conch Divers forum with all the other USA forums.

Sorry, but his makes absolutely no sense at all. We are not a one size fits all group, nor would it matter if we were. We should be doing what works here, not what has been done in other areas.

The regions to which kchFLA gave us a link work very well as a start, but for diving, it would be better to also separate the springs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom