ResQ Link or Fast Find 210 or 220

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chachita

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm shopping for a PLB to take on a diving trip to the South China sea and I'm trying to decide between the ResQ Link and the Fast Find models. Both brands/products have similar features, with the exception that the Fast Find fits into a Custom Divers cannister whereas the ResQ Link has to be modified to fit.

Curious if anyone here is familiar with both products and has an opinion or suggestions.

Johanna

Yes, I did. I sent Mike a message asking if he had also looked at the Fast Find 210, and if so, why he decided to go with the ResQ Link. His post was very helpful.

Mike's set up is compact and sounds like the ticket to me. I plan to get a ResQ Link some point. The modification he made is very minor, with just a little plastic trimming.

The only thing I haven't seen is how Mike mounts it.

The cannister he bought has straps so you can attach it to your weighbelt or to you or the BC with a strap. I spoke today to people at BOE Marine, who carry both units, and they told me they are virtually identical. I'm leaning towards the Fast Find, which doesn't have to be modfied to fit into the same cannister Mike bought.

The fast find PLB canister is 30% larger than the one for the ResQLink. 5 inches vs 6.5 inches long. Size matters, a 5 inch canister is big enough! ResQLink and canister are less expensive also.

I bought a simple brass snap lock to lock it onto my BC, I use that as the guarantee for it not to come off, additionally I use the velcro strap that comes with the dive canister harness to strap it to the BC strap also, this keeps it tight to the BC and in place using the velcro and the snap lock ensures it won't be lost if for some reason the velcro comes loose.

Update: I bought the Fast Find 210 and the canister from Custom Divers. Both have arrived now and are in the suitcase ready for next Saturday's trip to Singapore and diving in Tioman! :D

Back
Top Bottom