Resolved: VERY negative experience with Cristal Clear Char ters- Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffestpirate:
I'm in of course Colin. I'm also coordinating with some of my East Coast buddies. I of course have no problem going several times. I can do free one day and paid the next, so let me know when you're thinking. Hell, we'll probably even be down there with Bruce at some point soon.
And I'm in too, guys, if you need some help!!! I'm over here on the East coast, I can offer help, bringing food, carpooling, etc.

When I was there, we stayed at Bayside Cay and it was a good place to stay. I have munchkins, and the Bayside Cay had tetherball, ping pong tables, a heated pool, and a little protected saltwater swim area. The kids really had fun and they want to stay there again. They have a nice outdoor BBQ area would serve well for evening cook-outs/get togethers. It's very convenient to the Pilot House Cristal Clear location. OUR group ate lunch at the Pilot House and then cooked out and socialized at dinner, and it was really relaxing and alot of fun, as well as economical. So that's my vote for lodging. It's not "fancy" but it's a good setup.

Bravo, Dawn well done. With the response that you posted and your speed in expiditing a really good solution that everyone can be happy with.

CBulla:
To have the thread retitled, a mod merely has to be asked by the OP. :)

Welcome to SB Dawn.. and welcome to the Conch crew! :D

Well it's good that it was retitled. I tried to put and addendum on the original post that it was resovled but that wasn't an option on my screen. I'm just THRILLED that it's resolved. And if a party is gonna come out of it....woohoo!!!

Are we now talking Feb? Or May? I'm confused? 2 of 4 weekends in Feb are out for me. The FIRST weekend of Feb is Superbowl....obviously that's not good. And another weekend I have call. I'm for sure thinking Cinco de Mayo is awesome for a BIG gathering. It's two months before the July invasion, so we shouldn't get them too close. But two months is enough time for us to recover, right? I for one tend to go to the Keys every couple of months or more anyway. What do you guys think? Do we need to start a sticky? How do we start a sticky anyway? And why is it called a sticky anyway?

Well, we can do both weekends. In may my wife will be a lactating fiend but not preggy anymore, soooo she'll be up for a dive or two... now, the trick... unless someone is willing to watch a newbie, a 2 yo, and 4yo all at the same time (hmm or spread out LOL) one of us is on lil feller duty. :)

Its called a sticky because its up at the top of the posts lists and doesn't drop off in rotation. I stuck the fossil trip. :)

DawnBarber:
After the recent discussions regarding Cristal Clear Charters I realized there are quite a few misconceptions about the company I work for.

Cristal Clear Charters was officially established in 2003 to provide the best dive experience the Florida Keys has to offer. (Joe and I opened Dive In in 2002) To this point, Cristal Clear Charters has relied heavily on word of mouth advertising only.

What we offer: modern dive boats and equipment; great customer service; staff’s excellent knowledge of the area, professionalism and friendliness and naturally the key geographic areas our dive shops are located. We offer the best customer service in the Keys and cater to individual divers. Whoever first books the trip…calls the trip. We have currently have operations in Key Largo, Tavernier and Marathon, Florida.

Cristal Clear Charters dive fleet consists of six custom dive boats. The fleet consists of one 46’ Newton, Two 42’ Newton’s, Two 45’ Corinthian Catamarans, and a 30’ ProSport Catamaran. All dive vessels have been customized for our customer’s diving pleasures and equipped with the most current marine electronics. Amenities on board our vessels include, clean working marine heads, freshwater showers, drinking water, juice, coolers, ice, camera and mask rinse buckets, dive platforms and ladders, DAN Oxygen and DAN First Aid Kits.

Cristal Clear Charters will not be going anywhere, we will be in service for a long time to come, and we feel we have the nicest boats, best equipment, great locations and undeniably the best staff in the keys. To illustrate this we are offering a FREE DIVE TRIP to any scubaboard member that brings in this posting along with a copy of their Scubaboard profile page for verification. This is going to be valid from now until March 1, 2007 and from May 1st to June 1st, 2007. This offer is good for one dive trip per person per print out per scubaboard id. I encourage you to pass this to all your friends. All I ask is that in return the member posts their experience to the board since I am sure it will be positive.

Thanks (and please excuse the rambling) I really do love my staff.

Dawn (305) 731-3303

Thank you so much for the offer, Clear Blue and I will be in Key Largo 1 May - 8 May, I will contact your shop to make arrangements for the dive before Tuesday 12 Jan 07. We are excited and ready to dive with you folks.

Dawn - Thanks for the great offer! As WV said we will be in Key Largo in May and would love to dive with you.I'm sure things will be great! Looking foward to it.

HilaryRN71:
Do we need to start a sticky? How do we start a sticky anyway? And why is it called a sticky anyway?

If we moved it to the Kimber forum I could mod it and make it a sticky :monkeydan but alas we can't do that. So we will just have to keep people signing up so the thread stays at the top :wink:

AstroDad:
2007:

Week 1: start retirement.
Week 2: the Gators kick the living snot out of the Buckeys!
Week 3: free dive trip!

I'm really enjoying this year so far!

On a more serious note, may I suggest that we don't all show at the same time for the same boat? In respect of this generous offer, it'd be nice if the boat didn't have to make a zero revenue run....

Thanks, AstroDad....that week number 2 thing really hurts!!:( :(

Humiliated........AGAIN! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom