Resolved: VERY negative experience with Cristal Clear Char ters- Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I SHOULD have talked to the shop upon returning...I SHOULD have asked for some money back...I SHOULD have checked in with the DM when I got back on:
No, you SHOULD have burned the place down, called BIG LARRY to come see the ***** that night, ... Oops, just kidding! Sounds like that guy has a problem with life, with people, and probably with ladies in particular. You just don't talk to people like that, and you darn sure don't talk to a lady like that. Hurting people's feelings is not cool, and doing it in front of others is even less cool.

Can you say "Conch Republic"?

Hopefully everyone knows that was a joke... We mountain people sometimes have a strange sense of humor...

2007:

Week 1: start retirement.
Week 2: the Gators kick the living snot out of the Buckeys!
Week 3: free dive trip!

I'm really enjoying this year so far!

On a more serious note, may I suggest that we don't all show at the same time for the same boat? In respect of this generous offer, it'd be nice if the boat didn't have to make a zero revenue run....

I hope everyone takes advantage of the situation and nothing would please me more than to have a couple of completely non-revenue days aboard the boats. Have your entire dive group sign up on SB and come dive together. Diving with friends is a much more memorable experience, but if noone is available and you still want to dive I’ll find someone to dive with you. No problem.

I encourage you to please continue to post all of your dive experiences, good and bad. Not just about dive ops but profiles, currents, marine life, and archeology. It’s why we dive and some of us are stuck in the middle of the continent and won’t be diving for a little while. We still like to hear about it. J These are learning experiences as well.

SB ID + Post 85 from this thread = one dive trip in Feb or May of this year (2007)

And for those of you that cannot make it down in Feb or May…I’m working with Joe to come up with a “Scubaboard” discount. Not sure what it will be at this time, but we’re working on it.

A winter “invasion” sounds good to me. You are always welcome in our home.

Dawn

PS. Someone asked about prices earlier. I’m working on the website on a daily basis here in Oklahoma, the only good thing about being stuck out here. J I cannot give a date it will be up, but lets just say soon. We did not raise our dive prices for 2007. $70 (tanks & weights included) $60 (w/o tanks). Soft-weights only on the boats, please. Multi-trip packages go down to $45 per trip being a 10-trip/20-dive package.

DawnBarber:
I hope everyone takes advantage of the situation and nothing would please me more than to have a couple of completely non-revenue days aboard the boats. Have your entire dive group sign up on SB and come dive together. Diving with friends is a much more memorable experience, but if noone is available and you still want to dive I’ll find someone to dive with you. No problem.

I encourage you to please continue to post all of your dive experiences, good and bad. Not just about dive ops but profiles, currents, marine life, and archeology. It’s why we dive and some of us are stuck in the middle of the continent and won’t be diving for a little while. We still like to hear about it. J These are learning experiences as well.

SB ID + Post 85 from this thread = one dive trip in Feb or May of this year (2007)

And for those of you that cannot make it down in Feb or May…I’m working with Joe to come up with a “Scubaboard” discount. Not sure what it will be at this time, but we’re working on it.

A winter “invasion” sounds good to me. You are always welcome in our home.

Dawn

PS. Someone asked about prices earlier. I’m working on the website on a daily basis here in Oklahoma, the only good thing about being stuck out here. J I cannot give a date it will be up, but lets just say soon. We did not raise our dive prices for 2007. $70 (tanks & weights included) $60 (w/o tanks). Soft-weights only on the boats, please. Multi-trip packages go down to $45 per trip being a 10-trip/20-dive package.

While working on your website, a good idea to generate interest is to include the dive site, accurate sea conditions and viz for the day(Maybe a "special" fish sighting) This is a good way to generate daily interest. Just my 2cents.

Snowbear:
How about a winter 'invasion' :D

Before I read this offer I had emailed my sister, BIL and nephew in VA. She had offered me an air miles ticket for a visit and because of my back surgery and timing I couldn't do it. I really want to do it this winter and was thinking I would be nuts not to make a trip to FL while I'm already that far east.... what a perfect excuse to pursue this further :D

Winter Invasion it is!! :cheer:

OK.. now.. who do I sucker.. umm..no.. Who is going to help me get this diddy together. It'd be a day trip for me, lots going on, but its not far of a drive... perhaps a few of us W. Coastie FL's can carpool it :)

Maybe now we can use this as an example to not throw an entire business/people's livelihood under the bus based on one posting on one message board?

Suppose the OP was not telling the truth?

Suppose the OP had some sort of hidden agenda?

(Of course I know she was honest; I'm just saying, "What if?")

Some are so quick to scream, “Off with their heads!” I, for one, had never heard of Cristal Clear until a day or two ago as they are pretty new. I am glad this didn’t happen to some of the charters I use when they first began. They might not be around now.

Maybe we should wait for a consistent pattern or multiple incidents before we send them packing?

Just an idea.

matts1w:
Maybe now we can use this as an example to not throw an entire business/people's livelihood under the bus based on one posting on one message board?

Suppose the OP was not telling the truth?

Suppose the OP had some sort of hidden agenda?

(Of course I know she was honest; I'm just saying, "What if?")

Some are so quick to scream, “Off with their heads!” I, for one, had never heard of Cristal Clear until a day or two ago as they are pretty new. I am glad this didn’t happen to some of the charters I use when they first began. They might not be around now.

Maybe we should wait for a consistent pattern or multiple incidents before we send them packing?

Just an idea.

Partially agreed. However, I know Hilary's reputation to trust in what she says. SB always promotes getting the other side. Sometimes they are not that lucky. That however would be ideal. That said, when researching a dive trip, like any other, if one sees several negative comments on an operator one would be a smart cookie, in my book, to avoid that operator or at least make a note of it. Keep in mind OTOH, SB'ers also give glowing reviews.

One more thing I wanted to add, one can always look to another's past posting's to see if they constantly seem "full of it," in case they do not know the poster's reputation.

Nice recovery by Cristal Clear. I'm thinking that my wife and I may come take a drive down in May and check out a day of diving with them. I'd love to go earlier, but there's too much traveling between now and March 1st.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom