Resolved: VERY negative experience with Cristal Clear Char ters- Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefHound:
Your comments about what happened on the boat are interesting but given your obvious hard feelings with her about the reservations and cancellations I'm not sure what credibility they have. I think they reveal more about yourself than the events of that day.

Bottom line - Cristal Clear's boat, Cristal Clear's issue - and *they* have investigated and determined that Hilary was treated wrongly, and have invited her to come back and sail with them again.
I think it is very material to examine how this "victim" conducts business on a daily basis.

Cristal Clear has been very gracious in their offer because they are a stand-up outfit. If they want to invite her back on their boat after having made some greatly exagerated alligations, that's their business. I wouldn't presume to tell them how to handle their own issues, but I certainly won't share her company in the future.

Socko:
I think it is very material to examine how this "victim" conducts business on a daily basis.

Cristal Clear has been very gracious in their offer because they are a stand-up outfit. If they want to invite her back on their boat after having made some greatly exagerated alligations, that's their business. I wouldn't presume to tell them how to handle their own issues, but I certainly won't share her company in the future.
This issue has been resolved on both sides....LET IT DIE!!!

ffestpirate:
This issue has been resolved on both sides....LET IT DIE!!!

Agreed! (and boatloads of SB members will get a free trip to try a an operator they might not have even heard about otherwise)

Socko:
Bottom line - Cristal Clear's boat, Cristal Clear's rules. Don't try and rationalize your missteps by blaming the boat's procedures and crew. Cristal Clear and Aquaventure run tight ships; your obviously don't. So I invite you to sail with another one next time.

Mike, as a DM and going out with students, as many as 24+ at a time and 2-3 boats per day, you cannot possibly know EVERYTHING that goes on on a dive boat if you doing YOUR JOB as an instrustor.

CCC has admitted they were at fault. I have been on several dives with HIlary, and know her professionally. She is not the type over person to try to damage anyones career over a single occurance.

Kudos to Dawn and CCC for even doing an investigation and the speed in which it was resolved, most places would blow it off.

Obviously your students are diving tables, not computers, as an instructor you should know the tables are set up different.

Would love to go further but this has been RESOLVED. .....LET IT GO :D :no

Well Socko- I have to agree with you, Cristal Clear is obviously a stand-up outfit. My incident was unpleasant, but judging from the number of divers that have stepped up to the plate for them, it's obvious that they have a loyal customer following, and with good reason. I have been able to speak with Dawn since all this started, and if her spirit and class is a representation of their company, then that says it all. She is honest, gracious, and kind. Since the resolution to my situation was so swift and decisive, it's obvious this incident was VERY isolated, and I regret that I may have brought negative publicity to her business. Since I currently know several dozen people that are attending the gatherings that she is hosting, and diving multiple days, I have to think some good will come from it also.

If I had to do this ALL over (again that hindsight) I would have handled it SO differently. I would have marched my t-shirt bearing self back up to the office and spoke with a voice of reason. As it was....I didn't. Can't change that. I can not BELIEVE all of the publicity this has received. I've posted many times about the wonderful experiences I've had with dive ops. I've said COUNTLESS good things about Conch Republic, Blue Water, Quiescense, my favorite ops in CA, Peace, Pac Star, Boynton ops Loggerhead, Pelican, Splashdown...etc etc etc. No one ever seemed to care about the good stuff. The one and ONLY negative experience I've ever had and posted...and this happens. Hard to believe.

Because I feel this is RESOLVED...this is the last post I am going to make in this thread. Instead, I'm focusing on the POSITIVE! Conch's and the other 49's...coming together...fun, sun and bubbles. It does NOT get any better!! I just found out today my most amazing friend from ENGLAND is coming over for Sink-O de Mayo. It is going to be a wild spring in the Keys!!!

Mike, obviously we have a different perspective on that trip. I have no idea what went on where you were, at the opposite end of the boat, or what you heard or observed. I stand behind my account of events 100%. Everyone is entitled to different opinions. And...therein lies the beauty of this forum.

Welcome to Scubaboard! I've been a member for a few years now, and have made countless friends and dive buddies, and have learned so much about this amazing sport, gear, locations, you name it. It's a wonderful resource for divers, so I'm always happy to see new members and hope you make the most of it!

catherine96821:
(What's wrong with a little forgiveness?)

Would your next of kin forgive them if you had gotten left on the ball and ended up not making it!???...

Sorry - diving mistakes are iike airplane mistakes - they tend to be VERY NON-FORGIVING!!
I've had a No-Dive web page posted for some time. Guess who's the 1st one on the list as part of Cay Club:

http://www.irishmansoftware.com/nodive.htm

I'll stick with the Good-Old-Boys [ and Brenda ]. Sometimes you might pay a few dollars more - sometimes a few dollars less!! Diving with the Old Time Locals with them, I know I'll get picked up for the return ride! And if I DO make a mistake, I know they'll handle it discretly.

I'll continue to STAY AWAY from anyone associated with the Cay Club. If I can't talk to the owner when I walk into a dive shop - I walk back out!!

The Irishman

I'm going to guess that CCC will bring in more money in the first 2 quarters because of this than they would have otherwise. Just a guess =P

None-the-less, I'll be heading to the Keys for a free dive trip, and for sure a few more trips after that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom