Resolved: VERY negative experience with Cristal Clear Char ters- Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepstops:
Yeah, the Big Ten teams can't eat cereal in a bowl because they'll lose the cereal :rofl3:

I think the cereal we were looking for must have been "Lucky Charms" !!!

:( :( :(

Luckily, Dawn and her dive company have resolved this issue very nicely. Again, Thanks!!

well okay, now its offical I now hate spring break. I will be in Fl the first week of, you guessed it... March. Oh well I might drive down to Largo and get a day in anyway with CCC.

It has been said many times before, but Dawn you handled this perfectly, its always wonderful when you see a company take care of its customers. Hope that you aren't getting too much ice and snow in OK now. If you get enough snow you could always get a dry suit on, and try snow diving.... its a new PADI cert...

Blacthorn:
I might drive down to Largo and get a day in anyway with CCC.

If you do that, you'll be about 5 hours short of where you need to be, Largo is between Clearwater and St Petersburg on the west coast. Cristal Clear is in Key Largo, a totally different kettle of fish.

Blacthorn:
If you get enough snow you could always get a dry suit on, and try snow diving.... its a new PADI cert...

haha very funny. I'm freezing out here. It is beautiful but oh so cold.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I appreciate that you are all willing to try a new operator and yes, I believe in the company that I work for. Joe (the big cheese) and I have worked very hard for the last three years to get all of the puzzle pieces in place. But more than that, I am very proud of each and every one of my employees. They decided to work together at Cristal Clear. They decided to become our extended family.

I'll help in anyway I can for the trips to the Keys. It doesn't matter if its for the real invasion in July, "winter invasion", Cinco de Mayo, ect. Just ask. We set up a reservations department for CCC. The reservations department is in charge of not just diving...they keep track of all of the hotel rates around town as well. They are a wealth of knowledge. Thier is to make yours easier. (305) 453-0101 - Reservations & Group Sales

CBulla - Babysitters are not that hard to find on the weekends. Not sure if I would leave the newborn with just any babysitter though. Just a thought. And thank you for the welcome.

Don't forget...we really need to throw a Cinco de Mayo party. I'll get Jacki to get some information together for me.

Dawn

Ok Hilary - now how about going into 7-11 and getting into it with the guys in there so we can all get free Slurpees?

NetDoc:
Chu know,

If you hadn't indicated that you were contacting them, I would have. We always like to hear the "other side" of the story, and we often invite those who are being talked about.
That's a good practice. I don't really recall seeing alot of posts from "the other side." Seems like most of the time they don't care, so this really puts CCC a notch above. I didn't realize you did that, Pete. Coolio! :D

Once upon a time at Conch Republic Divers, so long ago, that Tommy and Cynthia were running the place and Ed The Evil Cat stalked customers there, I was out on a day that had the makings of weather going icky. The second dive basically turned into a drift dive because the current turned and vis in the shallows went away. Seas were 2's and 3's when we stepped off the boat. There was a new captain on that day, we found out that he didn't stay. The lead diver, the one with the dive flag, got out of view from my group. Upon surfacing we found seas had gone to 5's and 6's. Squalls, gusts, you know, icky weather. I kept my guys together and it took at least half an hour for the new captain to round us all up. Nobody panicked, but nobody was really comfortable, either. After everybody was aboard the captain proceded to bark, hiss and growl at all of us because he had a hard time following the drift and took a long time to get us all aboard. Then took the time to wag his finger at every one of us in turn, telling, no, yelling, at us that he had never seen such a bunch of screw-ups in his entire life. Several of us were seen fondling our BFK's for a while, but, hey, in a half an hour we'll be away from this clown. And besides that, think of the paperwork if the boat and divers came back without the boat driver. Quiet ride back to Tavernier Creek Marina. Now, the Republic Diver had a mongo fiberglass VHF antenna that had to be stowed before going under the Hiway 1 bridge. Angry Young Captain was still grumbling about us divers when we all watched while he forgot to stow the antenna and harpooned the low-hanging bridge beam. Then, when he destroyed the antenna we all broke out laughing. Justice was being served while we watched. Red-faced Angry Young Captain then proceded to ground the boat on the 'Love Stone' that separated the marina basin from the creek. While we felt bad for Tommy and the boat, we couldn't help giggling and smiling. Angry Young Captain had an even worse time getting into the slip and tied off with no help from his divers. Tommy came out to tend to disembarcation and saw the splinters hanging from the antenna mount. Then, against his better judgement, he asked "Hey guys, how was the dive today?" Well, we all took turns telling him. Last day for Angry Young Captain. And Tommy made it good with all of us before we were loaded out for the day.
That's my war story, what's yours?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom