Reports, Pictures and Videos: January 19th Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Been a bit busy to post here, but better late than never.

Weekend didn't start off perfect but overall I had a good time.

First dive at BW on Saturday I was overweight and was either dragging along the floor or trying to prevent unwanted ascents. I was too light on my last dive and decided to add more weight, but I put in more than I needed. I brought the camera along but stopped shooting when I had to keep attention on buoyancy control. I hope Ben wasn't annoyed with my bouncing around depths on the dive. :11doh:

Missed the second dive when I blew the zipper on my suit. Glenn at AQII wouldn't touch it but gave me a good deal on a rental. I went over to Cricket's and she made some permanent changes to the zipper but I was out of there in 5 minutes and I was able to use my own suit again.

I decided to stay out of the night dive because it was getting late and I didn't want to dive without knowing if my ballast weights were where I wanted them.

Dove at Lobos on Sunday and I had a good dive. Ballast was perfect, I didn't have to play with the inflater as much and I had a good buddy (Thanks Gail!), Saw some new creatures and was checked out by a seal. It was pretty surgy and swells were picking up towards the end of the day, so we called it a day, hung out for a little while and went home.

I had a good time overall despite other technical problems thrown in during the weekend. Nice to see/meet people I've seen around the forums and ba_diving and thanks to Jeff for the advice on my ballast weights.

Here are photos I took during the weekend: BW Photos

Tao

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself Jim...I would've gone over there anyway.

Glenn did what he could and helped me with whatever he was able to do.

I had a great weekend and that's all that really matters.

Here's some topside pix from Saturday:

Whale Tail, Carmel Bay, California

Whale Tail, Monterey, California

Cypress Sea Underway

Right on Chuck !

Those came out real nice and thanks for sharing them I was real pleased to see them.

Thanks again for the great time I had diving with you and John, You guys are a blast.

No, I welcome all YOU to the digital world. I was doing digital imaging in 1973. 200 dpi printer,
but we usually ran it 100 dpi because the hi-res mode need files that were too big. One bit per
pixel, they were black, or white. And we didn't call them pixels, we called them pels. It took a
whole mainframe computer to support two users.

There's been a film scanner in the house for at least 11 years. In 1995 I was using a digital camera (Kodak
rework of a Nikon 8080 with laptop drive in it, 1024x768 pixels and pixel noise like ISO 1600 film)
Learned Photoshop in '95, on a Mac. I've had the D70 for two and a half years. It makes a heck
of a point and shoot (D70 owners, don't be insulted, my previous point and shoot was an F4).

Film = 22-50 megapixels, at least 36 bits per pixel.

Really cool photo! If you don't mind me asking, what lens and settings were you using?

Oh my, I am tired. I have finally put together my dive blog on the activities of the 19th. If anyone is interesed, the link is in my signature line. Time for bed now!
Oh, and if I have some IDs wrong, please feel free to let me know. Thx!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom