Reports, Pictures and Videos: January 19th Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Really cool photo! If you don't mind me asking, what lens and settings were you using?
Nikon D70, 80-400mm VR (at 400mm), raw mode, ISO 640. The ISO was a surprise. I
didn't notice it until I looked at the properties of the pictures yesterday. I'm surprised
they weren't noisier at that ISO. The camera was set to "Sports", so the shutter speed
was up around 1/2000.

Chuck

Nice blog and pix Sarah! You capture the excitement and fun of the Saturday dives very well. And having read yours and various other accounts of the night dive I confess that this wetsuit diver isn't heartbroken to have missed it. (I think I was probably asleep by the time you guys were rinsing your gear across the Lone Oak parking lot.)

Nice blog and pix Sarah! You capture the excitement and fun of the Saturday dives very well. And having read yours and various other accounts of the night dive I confess that this wetsuit diver isn't heartbroken to have missed it. (I think I was probably asleep by the time you guys were rinsing your gear across the Lone Oak parking lot.)

I am glad that I did the night dive if only to have given Baconated and Mike a change to give it a go. But it was COLD! So I probably would have preferred to hang out in my warm, feather bed as well.

You probably were all snug in your bed while we were rinsing our gear - I am actually quite surprised that we didn't wake everyone up at the Oak while rinsing out. I was trying to be so quite, but you can only do "so much" when there is water dripping from wetsuits and BCDs. :D

I am glad that I did the night dive if only to have given Baconated and Mike a change to give it a go. But it was COLD! So I probably would have preferred to hang out in my warm, feather bed as well.

You probably were all snug in your bed while we were rinsing our gear - I am actually quite surprised that we didn't wake everyone up at the Oak while rinsing out. I was trying to be so quite, but you can only do "so much" when there is water dripping from wetsuits and BCDs. :D

I'm glad I did it too but I was so cold I didn't even rinse my gear except for my wetsuit, which I wore into the hot shower. :D

Thanks Chuck.

And Michelle, Sara and everyone who did the night dive, thanks for waiting for me that night. :) I don't think I'll ever forget to put my weights in again after that. :)

Thanks Chuck.

And Michelle, Sara and everyone who did the night dive, thanks for waiting for me that night. :) I don't think I'll ever forget to put my weights in again after that. :)

Anytime Brad! Every dive is a learning experience. :wink:

Brad - watching you swim back and almost hit the rocks on the way back in was thanks enough. :) Sorry, but that tickled me.

:bananalama: You were motoring! :bananalama:

Sara, Michelle, Brad,

I had a blast meeting you guys and getting four dives in before school kicked into full gear. I look forward to diving with you guys again.

I'm scheduled for point lobos Feb 10 with dive buddy Brad... Thanks for taking the slot since my dive buddy couldn't make it Brad...

If I don't dive before that I will see some of you divers on that day... I'm really excited about point lobos since I've never dove it and heard so much kudos about it...

MG

p.s
I got more video for you guys to enjoy... Here is the group on the surface dive #1 Metridiums... You will see Michelle and I cannot make out the other divers...

View My Video

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom