Reply from Viking re: Oriskany ripoff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire_diver:
Nobody else is talking about the captain anymore, JUST YOU! Maybe YOU should let the good capt alone.

Man are you out of it? Try reading some of these posts again. Start with #169 and go backward.

Soggy:
How is a 800 ft long aircraft carrier on the bottom of the ocean a 'natural environment!?'

My apologies, I thought it might be easier to comprehend that the "natural environment" being the state that the object was in while resting on the bottom.

:shakehead

just another way to avoid the main point of leave things alone...

Soggy:
It was a 387 ft long freighter sunk as an artificial in the 80s that is now, literally, a twisted bunch of metal after a hurricane came through in 1995. It's a nice dive...probably more so because of the damage (doesn't look artificial :wink:). There is still intact structure, but it's spread all over the place. I bet, in less than 20 years, that the Oriskany will not be a recreational dive.

A diver and his wife on the Spiegel Grove dive last week was saying how the Orinksky was a ho hum dive and not worth the trip. They wre saying the Spiegel was a better dive. He gave some reasons but there was a cross conversation and engine noise, so I didn't pick up what else he said. Can anyone attest to that, one way or the other.

ON the related topic. I think the Capt was tired of, or just didn't want to be, being a policeman. He should have said something but I don't know what a proper course of action is for him, in his capacity?

As a diver, we should ONLY be observers.

You're a realy nice guy Phil, much nicer than I. So we wait a week for something (what?) and then do what?

Don Janni:
Man are you out of it? Try reading some of these posts again. Start with #169 and go backward.

Sure thing! I see talk about Jesus' head, about the natural environment, about the intentions for the wreck after sinking, OH LOOK! ITS YOU AGAIN< HARPING ABOUT THE CAPT, people responding to YOU about the capt, why it was sunk, YOU ABOUT THE CAPT, is the ship a park, what happens to wrecks and when, hurrican damage, respect for divers, anteres, diamond knot, and some responding to YOU ABOUT THE CAPT!!!

This takes us back to post #144.

Now shut the hell up! you're boring the mob already!

FD

fire_diver:
Now shut the hell up! you're boring the mob already!
Maybe someone will start a BCD thread where someone will mention a BP/Wing. That would keep him busy.

OOOOHH! OOOHHH! BP/W rock man!

Jacket BC's are for resort divers!

Discuss amungst yourselves.

fire_diver:
OOOOHH! OOOHHH! BP/W rock man!

Jacket BC's are for resort divers!

Discuss amungst yourselves.

I heard the BP/W was only for technical divers :D :D :D is that true? :mooner: :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom