Local Divers: How long does it take you to get to your favorite dive site?

Local Divers: How long does it take to get your favorite dive site?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you know you can take a short flight to cabo and drive to cabo pulmo sea of cortez?... I mean a 14 hour drive through mexico? No thanks and not too safe
Oh yeah... we've flown to Cabo. But we own a house in San Carlos, on the mainland side of the Sea of Cortez and I can throw EVERYTHING in the truck instead of trying to stay underweight on our suitcases. Nine of those 14 hours are on the US side of the border anyway, so only about 5 in Mexico. And it's not as unsafe as all your friends and the news try to make it seem. Five hours on the Mexican interstate is probably safer than 15 minutes in the bad parts of Albuquerque.

Nearest divable water is an hour and a half away, if they have not closed half the freeways for road construction on the weekend like they do every weekend anymore. So expect 2 hours plus simply because they decided it was easier for the construction crews to have the whole freeway instead of restricting lanes and giving them half of it.

Now if you want to get to favorite drivable dive sites, 6 hours or so will get me in salt water. Stuff off San Diego.

Thank you very much. I am still dealing with "delayed grief" now. Always thinking "I should have spent more time with him" with guilty feeling. I was too busy dealing with "things" to do when he passed away but now it is catching up with me.

I love you man!

I'm in tears man!

Ten minutes

036.JPG

So my go to dive site is about 40 minutes from me…but my boat is an hour away. Fortunately, I keep it with family and it’s only about 20 minutes from my dive site (not counting the boat ride, which is short and pleasant)

Being in the Tampa area, it's about 2-3 hours to Cave Country, 1 hour to Hudson/Buford/EN, or 5+ hours to the Florida Keys. There's just no escaping driving on this side of Florida unless you want to dive the Gulf which isn't my preference.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom