repainting your neoprene drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
HI all,

has naybody tried repainting their neoprene drysuit? cause i wanna do it on mine but don't knkow which paints 2 use.

Thx in advance.

Never thought about it but I'm curious to see the responses.

Hmm.. I use traditional fabric dye (black) to touch up the faded spots on my DUI. Only thing I do different from the directions is I use a paint brush to apply the dye (hot), let it sit till dry, then use a damp towel (junk) to sponge off the excess. Seems to work ok.

The thing is that drysuit last quite awhile, if we can repaint it like we repaint cars and other valuable items, y can't we repaint drysuit to look new or to get the right colour we want?

Well forget about paint. The flexing will kill it.

How about automobile interior reconditioning spray dye?

Pete

i wouldnt do it alot of the paints will ruine the suit.. i think they dye the suit when they make the nepream.. but you have to be caful its like useing spray paint and styrfoum

how about get a new one. :)

Sounds like a complete waste of money if there is nothing wrong with the old one. But then I supose to some this isnt a concern.

As others have said dont use paint use a dye.

I know a guy who painted his membrane suit with black paint besacuse it was kermit green. The paint didnt last long at all. Had it been a neoprene suit I am sure it would have damaged it.

There is a thread on here from bygone days where someone painted their wet suit. Don't see why you couldn't paint a dry suit if it is neo. I don't recall any cracking or peeling but I didn't follow it closely.

Back
Top Bottom