Dump valve location in neoprene drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pisauron

Registered
Reaction score
hello everyone,

Help me out please because it seems i am a bit confused.

I am looking to buy a neoprene drysuit. looking at the location of the dump valve i can't understand why it's located in the front.
Comparing to Tri drysuits it seems the dump valve is more outseide on the arm.

Some pictures for reference:

1715171962896.png
1715171384728.png
1715171746610.png
1715171887407.png

So does it supposed to be like that? Does it affect the use of the dump valve? Is it comfortable?

Thanks for helping out

o7

I suspect the difference in dump valve location is individual manufacturers' preferences. If you order a Seaskin "Ultra" neoprene drysuit, for example, the dump will be more toward the arm's outside.
1715178656420.png

As far as comfort and usability, I suspect that answer is subjective. I much prefer having the dump in the DIR position, but when I owned a Scubapro neoprene drysuit, I didn't experience any troubles using the dump valve.

The zipper across the shoulders and down the arms preclude them from installing the valve anywhere practical
So does it isn't supposed to be like that as it doesn't dump optimally or effectively but it's comfortable to reach

Unless you dive like a seahorse, I'm wondering do people dive the superman pose because of their dump valve

I have a neoprene drysuit with the diagonal zipper for self donning, with no valves installed, arriving next week

I dive like this

226 ZZZz.jpg

See!

184 DSC06699.JPG

As I dive like this I am installing the dump halfway between the shoulder and the elbow and towards the rear ish

The zipper across the shoulders and down the arms preclude them from installing the valve anywhere practical

I have a neoprene drysuit with the diagonal zipper for self donning with no valves installed arriving next week

I dive like this

View attachment 840386

See!

View attachment 840387

As I dive like this I am installing the dump halfway between the shoulder and the elbow and towards the rear
Thank you!

So your's would be somwhere here (pic)?

Where did you get a neoprene suit like that? All the ones i find are with dump valve in the front.

Thanks

Attachments

• 226 ZZZz~2.jpg
    226 ZZZz~2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 16
Hey pisauron, I'd be thinking about that in case you get censured

Yeah you are there with your orange dot, maybe a bit lower and a bit more back with a looser sleeve

Anyway my new chrismas box came in but I've been snowed with my old mate 12 long years in Tibet

053.JPG

So pisauron, I'll be clearing a table and with gear on a bit of a wriggle around see where these valves end up

030.JPG

I got some demented wetsuit manufacturer to make the suit, they don't make drysuits

I think I need to buy some exta pixels

Maybe, the guys think I'm special too

This thing has been in and out of boxes, and travelled thousands of kilometres, 12 yrs

031.JPG

A boosting electrically we will go, a boosting electrically we will go, hi-ho, the derry-o a boosting we will go

Electrically

So the answer is find a manufacturer with a self donning suit that will work with you
and then if you choose you can put the inflator on your leg and the dump wherever

I had a neoprene drysuit once, an O3 MSF500. Didn’t really like it, but the dump was at least in the correct place, on the outside of the upper arm.

I had a neoprene drysuit once, an O3 MSF500. Didn’t really like it, but the dump was at least in the correct place, on the outside of the upper arm.
Thanks.

Do you feel it makes a big difference?
I just don't understand why all neoprene drysuits i find are set up this strange way. Maybe they have a reason.

To dump from a front mounted valve I’d need to make a significant change to my position in the water to get that dump working, rather than just a gentle tilt to the side - at the very least it would be awkward, at times very difficult.

Edited for spelling!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom