Drysuit advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andypilot101

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi all i know this is subjective,
I have not been in a drysuit for about 15 years my last suit was an otter neoprene suit and i loved it, before that was a laminate suit and i hated it with a passion.
I am now looking at a drysuit again. Has anything change and brands are worth looking at these days?
Cost is of course a factor but i want to be comfortable, I currently live in the Middle East so surface air temperature is warm and water temp is only cold for a few months of the year. Thanks

My preference is trilaminate but stay away from the Aqualung Fusion. A solid trilaminate suite is lightweight, rugged, and adaptable to a wide range of temperatures.

Probably the main changes over the past few years are that plastic zippers have become mainstream and replaceable seal systems and silicone seals have become common.

I’ll stay away from recommending specific brands since it tends to result in religious wars here. I think any well known brand is probably fine if you stay away from the low-end products.

I have owned neoprene and shell suits. Front and back zip. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. Overall I prefer shell suits due to their flexibility in thermal under garments.

I tell people I have two suits, 1/8 w/hooded vest and if it's too cold for that dry. Fully 70+% of all my dives have been dry. Nothing like being warm whilst diving. I hate being cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom