Removed thread.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

some people are still stuck in the past...read, understand, travel and immerse yourselves in a another culture, eat something you have never eaten in your life. Grow up!!!!!!

Suggestion, why don't you take the PPD forum out. Wouldn't that be great on your pride?

clgsamson:
Suggestion, why don't you take the PPD forum out. Wouldn't that be great on your pride?
Bad clgsamson :bash: , down boy down.... !!!

to the Board, don't listen to Koya, he has episodes of Alzheimers already :D

Listen to Jag !!!! :11: yeah, yeah that's it listen to Jag ....

there is a saying here in the Phils or metro manila among barkada = CLOSE FRIENDS

wag na natin pagusapan and Politics , Religion pag maboteng usapan tayo. nakakasira yan ng pagkakaibigan
Let's not discuss on politcs and religion when we do a drinking session. IT destroys friendships.

Political correctness is politics so;

So lets stop this and lets be one Barkada here in SB.

paolov:
in america it is now prohibited in some schools to pray or mention "GOD" because someone was offended and they did not beleive in a GOD. now i have to say in Singapore you have different religions living in harmony and mentioning such things termed in america as bigotry or racism would be viewed there as tolerance to cultural differences.
/QUOTE]

We don't have religion in school because there is seperation of church and state, and public schools are funded via taxes and are consequently part of the state.

Harmony is not achieved by making unwilling participants tolerate different positions, it is achieved by not imposing your position on unwilling participants. If the majority of students wanted to carry sticks to school and whack the ones that didn't, it would not be more tolerant to allow both views. Carrying sticks to school to whack others is not essential, and should therefore not be allowed in state run schools. This is not a consequence of culture, but a consequence of logic and the pursuit of social freedom.

Guys....can we try not to make this an Us vs Them kind of deal? All that will do is harden attitudes on both sides with possible disastrous consequences.
FWIW I have travelled extensively almost all my life - I'm originally from a military family and have been at it since I was born. I haven't lived in my home country since 1978. I have 'immersed myself' in many different cultures. I would think it's fair to say that all of them have their good points and bad points. In the end our modern world requires that we find ways to bridge those gaps - not accentuate them.

veggiedog:
This is not a consequence of culture, but a consequence of logic and the pursuit of social freedom.

ah. and so calling the bad divers their nationality is truth not racism that started this thread alltogether. someone branded it to be so when that is not the intent.

and that is the reason for defense. It was branded as being so when the intent was so much far from that, it was to CALL FOR HELP in the prevention of destruction of them coral reefs in the Philippines by ....... <-- fill in the blanks please lest i be accused of being a ......

Kim:
I would think it's fair to say that all of them have their good points and bad points. In the end our modern world requires that we find ways to bridge those gaps - not accentuate them.

you have my full support :07:.

Kim:
Guys....can we try not to make this an Us vs Them kind of deal?

Sorry, this was really a me against virtually everybody else kindof thing (including Americans).

I'm sensitive about that issue specifically.

I am not a worldly person, but I don't embrace the notion that "America" (the nation or the culture) is better than other countries.

veggiedog:
I am not a worldly person, but I don't embrace the notion that "America" (the nation or the culture) is better than other countries.
I don't think that many do - including Americans. This is why we attempt to have rules on SB that reflect a more universal attitude to responsible behavior. To label these rules as 'American' in nature is erroneous. Most places I have ever been respect the ideas of politeness in social intercourse to an almost equal degree. That is the fundamental basis of what we strive for here. It's nothing to do with nationality or culture.

Back
Top Bottom