Removed thread.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

perhaps this guy needs to grow up too...
Leo_and_Buddy.jpg

Other nationalities aren't so sensitive to political correctness like the USA when it comes to talking about races. Good or bad...???....It's kind of refreshing when differences can be discussed with no one taking offense. But I guess SB will keep this "up" to US standards.

Hank49:
Other nationalities aren't so sensitive to political correctness like the USA when it comes to talking about races. Good or bad...???....It's kind of refreshing when differences can be discussed with no one taking offense. But I guess SB will keep this "up" to US standards.

You're post is even Biased against americans. In this multi-cultural world that we live in, with lightning fast abilities to communicate instantly around the world, and post your posts for the world to see, shouldn't social and racial stereotypes be a thing of the past?

Is it "sensative americans" who are "politically correct" or is it just passé to be so closed minded in an open world.

I think Kim's reason for pulling the post in question is the right thing to do... BTW Kim is NOT an American.

Because someone's hereditary background encompasses many races, does that exempt that person from being a racist if it's about one of his/her own race?

Stereotypes are by definition RACIST. To use a stereotype of ANY KIND is a BIAS for or against a specific group.

Are all ____ divers bad? Are all ____ tourists cheap? Are all _____ skiers bad?

These are stupid closed minded thoughts, to think that a WHOLE group can be classified into a specific category. I have read the entire thread in question, and even posted my dismay at the obviously biased statements. Should SB censor bias? Well, from our history lessons, we see that most all wars that have been faught in recorded history are from one BIAS or another.

Maybe everyone should read "The SNEETCHES" by Dr. Seuss...

A Brief Synopsis of Dr. Seuss : The Star-belly sneetches have stars on their bellies. They would often brag "We're the best kind of sneetch on the beach"
"We'll have nothing to do with the plain-belly sort" (those sneetches without stars on their belly)

The point here is... It's a GLOBAL community, we should all learn to get along, and not classify people as this or that. Don't call me an AMERICAN, I am a WORLD CITIZEN.

howarde:
You're post is even Biased against americans. .

Howarde, I'm not biased against anyone. I've lived in other countries where discussing race isn't that big a political deal. Races and cultures are different and talking about it isn't a big deal where I live or in other places I've lived. I didn't create it. I just have observed it.

Hank49:
Howarde, I'm not biased against anyone. I've lived in other countries where discussing race isn't that big a political deal. Races and cultures are different and talking about it isn't a big deal where I live or in other places I've lived. I didn't create it. I just have observed it.

Whether or not it is a big deal... It is still "racism" and/or "prejudice" which IMO is something that people need to break away from in today's "global culture"

Like my acquatinance from Planet Nebulon said something racist about earthlings the other day... It's too rude to repeat, but I said to him (I call him a him, but really it's hard to describe)... It's not fair to classify ALL Earthlings this way...

howarde:
Whether or not it is a big deal... It is still "racism" and/or "prejudice" which IMO is something that people need to break away from in today's "global culture"...

Everytime you apply suntan lotion you're a racist. "What? you don't like white"? Or Pinoys applying that whitening cream..."what? you don't like brown"? :D See what I mean? How far do you take the definition? I think it's healthy to discuss with a different color/ culture person the differences between him/her and me. We laugh about it on the job in Belize. No worries. It leads to better understanding. And that's a good thing. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom