Removed thread.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I have removed the thread about the bad divers pending discussion about the tone of it. I am not here to have an argument about cultural differences or shades of definition about what constitutes racism or not. The simple fact is there are rules on SB that will be followed. We are now having an internal discussion as to whether in this case that is happening or not.

I will inform you what is decided.

Thanks Kim. Decision respected.

We've been making a lot of noise lately, eh? Maybe a sticky of the TOS should be put up in here!

It is a local problem...maybe it just isn't supposed to go international. Or this isn't the place to discuss it.

understood.

but i do not take it to be accused of being a bigot and a racist. my gosh in my blood and in my family tree i have the following nationalities

my being filipino is constituted of the following genes

1. malay race
2. chinese
3. spanish

my family relatives are

1. Puertorican
2. American
3. Vietnamese
4. Chinese
5. Polish
6. Japanese
7. canadians

i have personal and family friends that are

1. KOREANS
2. Chinese
3. Singaporeans
4. Indonesians
5. Australians
6. Thai
7. Japanese
8. Mongolias or from mongolia
9. Papua new guinea
10. Solomon islands
11. Vatican (are they considered nationality)
12. Belgian
13. Malaysians

I don't want to say too much right now as it will come under discussion by all the Mods when people wake up. I will say that we all recognise that the problem with the divers is a serious one and didn't want to interfere with your attempts to think up possible solutions to that. As you note however - your forum is part of an International board so such discussion is being read by everyone. It is therefore encumbant on ALL members of SB to bear this in mind and while cultural differences naturally exist between various groups they are not, and cannot become, an excuse for a different standards to be acceptable depending on geographic and cultural location. The accusations that were just made - which caused me to pull the thread - will be discussed for merit.

paolov:
understood.

but i do not take it to be accused of being a bigot and a racist.
This is one of the things I wish to investigate. It's a serious charge and we don't need this out in public view...ergo, I pulled the thread.

I'm pretty sure most of us here have at least 3 of those bloodlines mentioned above. :) I got four already, one of them being Chinese.

Kim:
This is one of the things I wish to investigate. It's a serious charge and we don't need this out in public view...ergo, I pulled the thread.

appreciated

perhaps i overreacted to the statement and no direct accusation was mentioned only implied.

My apologies.

breathe in .... breathe out .....

breathe in ..... breathe out......

now i have to go to the john..... and push.....
:D

hey pao...I don't think your any of those. Now give me a hug.

@ Ish: I got 1,2,3 and adopted by 7!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom