Regulators & Location of manufacturing....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

talon4477

Registered
Reaction score
Compiling a list of Regulator Manufacturers and where they actually make their regulators. Please add any you know of, or correct any mistakes. Thanks

Made in U.S.A.
Oceanic
XS Scuba
Aeris
Sherwood

Made in U.K.

Made in France

Made in Sweden

Made in Italy

Made in Japan

Made in Taiwan

talon4477:
Compiling a list of Regulator Manufacturers and where they actually make their regulators. Please add any you know of, or correct any mistakes. Thanks

Made in U.S.A.
Dive Rite
Oceanic
XS Scuba
Aeris

Made in U.K.

Made in France

Made in Sweden

Made in Italy

Made in Japan

Talon: There are many good regulators made worldwide. It will be interesting to see if you have any good industry response on your question. Please add Apollo regulators as being made in Japan, along with TABATA/TUSA regs.

Dive-Rite regulators are manufactured in Taiwan. The same OEM provides regs for Salvo, Sea-Elite, and many other SCUBA distributors.

You can also add Beauchat, produced in France.

Sherwood manufactured in the USA.

Correction and additions have been made.

Thank you

Oceanic are made in both the US and Oceanics own factory in China both.

Scubapro contracts the manufacture of their designs to Tabata which then often sells mechanically identical but cosmetically altered licensed copies through TUSA (Tabata USA) once Scubapro's exclusive rights expire.

That sort of arragement is common and is mutually beneficial. The scuba regulator/equipment market as a whole is very small and it makes no sense for individiual companies to invest in first class manufacturing facilities for what would otherwise be a small volume of production. It makes more sense to centralize the actual production with a company that specializes in it.

I think if you researched deep enough, you would be surprised at how few companies actually make scuba equipment and instead would discover a few companies that produce equipment under contract to the specific designs developed by other companies.

DA Aquamaster:
I think if you researched deep enough, you would be surprised at how few companies actually make scuba equipment and instead would discover a few companies that produce equipment under contract to the specific designs developed by other companies.

DA Aquamaster: You are spot on. This would be a good research project. The number of true OEM's per product is quite small. If you swim upstream you eventually find the source.

DA Aquamaster:

Aye, same goes for golf clubs.

Thanks for info, I will try and contact manufacturers. So far Kirby Morgan, has responded, that theirs are 100% made USA, in their plant.

Maybe other manufacturers, like Apollo, will respond to post and make research easier.

How's about Sherwood?
I understand they held the original patent on the piston 1st stage, some correct me/clarify.
Inquiring minds want to know...

edit:
Never mind. My eyes are frozen from this morning's pre-blizzard dive. sherwood is there. Is Genesis a subsidiary/spinoff of Sherwood?

When you make your own products, you control them.

When you don't, sometimes they control you.

Case in point: When Aqualung purchased Apeks, that marked the end of Zeagle's first period in regulator developement.

As many of you know, since 2000 Zeagle regulators have been made in Zephyrhills Florida.

Genesis is a brand marketed by the group of Sherwood distributors. Some of their regulators were made by Aqualung, but now appear like Oceanic is making them.

I know that piston regulators were out long before Sherwood began selling dive gear.

Chad
Zeagle FL Rep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom