Basic gear from mid-twentieth-century Italy: Other manufacturers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe @Angelo Farina can answer this. What purpose do those mini fins serve? I was a competitive swimmer and we never used them. Form is vital in competitive swimming and you don't use the same kick with fins as you would without so I would think it's counterproductive to spend pool time using them. You certainly don't need extra accessories for movement specific muscle strengthening, the enormous increase in drag as speed increases means sprint intervals serve that purpose quite well.

You should try them sometime. The difference is the same as doing jumping jacks vs doing jumping jacks with dumbbells in your hands. And yes, the fins you use are very very small so they don't mess up your form:

5672678195368-gold-1a_160x.jpg

You should try them sometime. The difference is the same as doing jumping jacks vs doing jumping jacks with dumbbells in your hands. And yes, the fins you use are very very small so they don't mess up your form:

5672678195368-gold-1a_160x.jpg
I'm good :)

BTW, it's probably obvious, but Pomarańczowe/Niebieski means Orange/Blue and Czerwone/Niebieski means Red/Blue.
Pomaranczowe reinded me of a pomeranian. I suppose that some of them do have kind of orange fur.

Pomaranczowe reinded me of a pomeranian. I suppose that some of them do have kind of orange fur.
It's a nice thought, but the Polish word for Pomerania is Pomorze, which simple means "along the sea". Pomarańczowy derives from the Italian pomo arancia meaning "orange fruit or apple". The fruit apparently preceded the color by a couple of centuries. Before then it was called "dark yellow" or "reddish yellow".

Source for the derivation of pomarańczowy is: Pomarańcza i pomarańczowy - Poradnia językowa PWN (this should open in Google Translate).

Many Polish food words come from Italian or French. Poles like to say that the salad was introduced to Poland by their Italian-born 16th-century Queen Bona Sforza. Maybe she brought some oranges along as well.

Queen Bona is worth a visit, if not a multi-season series on Netflix:

Many thanks for the likes, jale, Angelo and lowwall. And for the postings, Iowwall, Angelo, dmaziuk and WeRtheOcean.

Today I start a brand new thread entitled "Basic gear from mid-twentieth-century Spain: Nemrod".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom