Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not everyone follows/believes in the "cross-over"......

I don't believe I have ever seen a setup where the secondary second stage does not cross over... The inflator crossing is one discussion, but I'm curious about how the octo routes without crossing

Yes on octo...

You know the configuration. LPI & DS on respective sides. Octo is across, and the only one.

Yes on octo...

You know the configuration. LPI & DS on respective sides. Octo is across, and the only one.

I used to dive like that, but I actually heard a legit argument for LPI on the right post for cave diving and since I now use 5port turrets, I find the routing to be cleaner. Even still, the octo is the one that makes me more nervous than the inflator

I used to dive like that, but I actually heard a legit argument for LPI on the right post for cave diving and since I now use 5port turrets, I find the routing to be cleaner. Even still, the octo is the one that makes me more nervous than the inflator

I don't dive caves, or go in small spaces of the wrecks I dive.

Sure, but you're probably the only one.

Perhaps in your small world... :cheers:.

FWIW - There are a number of folks (some who are published, and have solid credentials) that use this routing in response to cold water. I listened/read the discussions and made my educated choice....

I don't dive caves, or go in small spaces of the wrecks I dive.

Perhaps in your small world... :cheers:.

FWIW - There are a number of folks (some who are published, and have solid credentials) that use this routing in response to cold water. I listened/read the discussions and made my educated choice....

Bill Main i.e. "Hogarth" himself has his inflator on his left post

Okay, if we want to do the name thing...

Steve Lewis and my instructor who is a friend of his were the ones I modeled my configuration after.

Okay, if we want to do the name thing...

Steve Lewis and my instructor who is a friend of his were the ones I modeled my configuration after.

I was just pointing out that a pretty predominant figure in the world of technical diving agrees with you. Though I'd be hesitant to use anything that @Doppler says as justification :p. He does live in Canada, so you have to question his sanity...
Steve, I can't wait until you can come back to cave country again, it has been too long my friend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom