Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Similar position to OP. Any thoughts on Zeagle Envoy II's for tech doubles? Cheap, simple, sealed, made in USA, but (unfortunately?) no swivel turret or 5th port.

I wouldn’t. I’ve had several Envoy II regs and after a first stage failure within a year, I upgraded to Deep 6 and Dive Rite for technical diving. Perhaps merely psychological but my overall confidence increased since D6G and DR are two companies steeped in the reliability requirements of technical diving.

I still use the Envoy II for recreational dives but will be off-loading them when I purchase a new Deep 6 SM reg set and a set of my current tech regs can be shifted to recreational duty.

If you get first stage only regs, Apeks MTX-R are available as separates and I highly recommend them.

Ok, gotta ask. Alaska? Certainly rules out Germany.

Here in Detroit, we have the same thing. I will say that sometimes: “Canada, our friendly neighbor to the south.” That’s also the joke about the Journey song, Don’t Stop Believing: South Detroit is called Windsor (Ontario, Canada). That song is popular here in the Detroit area, but it always bugs me: anyone from Detroit knows there’s no such thing as South Detroit...

OK, pedantic local geography lesson over. :)

Not that any of this has anything to do with regs for doubles… :) So to ever so slightly atone, I’ll just say that my doubles regs are DGX by deep six and have worked for me quite nicely over the past couple years and 150 or so dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom