Regulator System for Beginner Dive in Southern California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ll suggest your first question to answer is whether or not you anticipate ever using your regulator in water under 50 degrees. If so, you want to be sure your set is rated for such.

If that used set is the most current generation Brut, it passes the EU CE standards for use under 50, Sherwood has just been slow to communicate that in the US.

I can’t say one way or the other on previous generation Bruts.

@JackD342

I just checked the water temperatures in SoCal, and even in Jan/Feb they don't go below 56. I don't see myself traveling to dive in colder water anytime soon. Thanks for bringing that up! Maybe as I get better I will start eyeing cold spots... but for now, I think SoCal is as cold as I will go!

@saxman242

Here is a photo of the set from the dive shop. I will inquire further if a service is needed as well and what year it is from.

Thank you everybody for the helpful replies! I will check out the Deep6 brand too!

sherwood1.jpg

sherwood2.jpg

sherwood3.jpg

That is either the most current model, or the one that preceded it. If you can find a model number printed on it I will let you know. Look at the 1st stage for “SRB” followed by four digits. I don’t remember if they also print something on the 2nd stage, check that too.

Most current is called Brut Pro, SRB9150. That is the one I know to be cold water tested.

Definitely NOT old.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom