Regulator servicing; do it yourself?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wdm:
Back in the day I was a salvage diver in S. America. We were on our own when it came to maintianing our gear. I have a bunch of 70s era USD regs and a few Voit Swimmaster regs (which I think are great). Trying to find parts is damn near impossible. Any suggestions as to a resource for rebuild kits? Also, looking for source for parts to maintian a USD Luchard portable compressor.

You aren't the only one looking for Luchard parts. What do you need. I have a guy in France looking around for parts. I have a pretty good supply of valves but I am short on pistion rings.

Doc Ed:
Hi there.
I too believe in the adage "if you want something done right, do it yourself." Of course the caveat to this is to make sure you know what you're doing in the first place. Anything betond your skills should be referred to a higher authority. Thus, my question is directed toward those who do their own servicing: Given a modest degree of technical prowess, which brand or model of regulator is the easiest to maintain?
Thanks! :D
In terms of the number of parts available, I'd pick one of the later Conshelf models(the XII on up). The majority of the replacement parts are interchangeable, and it's pretty easy to bypass Aqualung's policies on selling parts directly to consumers. They are a bulletproof reg, easy to rebuild(heck, the manual is available on ALs site) and don't require a bunch of oddball tools.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom