Regulator Restoration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pbyers

New
Reaction score
This is my first post here and not sure if I'm going about this correctly or not. I've never used a forum before. If I made a mistake please let me know. I live in Houston, Texas and frequent the Flower Gardens quite a bit. I love that place. As far as my travels are concerned I've been to the Florida panhandle diving and Cozumel. I also spearfish on the rigs and wrecks in the Gulf of Mexico. I have recently started collecting vintage diving gear and have an old Calypso J that I want to restore. I know that that reg is really not that old, but I am interested in all time periods as far as gear is concerned. If anyone is familiar with the Calypso J you would know that it has a purple sticker on it that says Calypso J. I am wanting to refinish the front face plate that has that sticker on it and would have to remove the sticker. I'm wondering if anyone knows if that sticker can be reproduced and if so, does anyone know where? Included in my collection is a double hose Dacor R-4 in like new condition, an AMF Swimaster MR-12 II mint(still in box), AMF Swimaster Viking fins mint(still in box), AMF Voit combo depth gauge compass mint(still in box), AMF Swimaster depth gauge capillary mint(still in box), AMF Swimaster snorkel mint(still in box), AMF Swimaster Baja Mask mint(still in box). Most of my current gear is Mares.

Paul Byers

Paul I would say the only mistake you made is living in Houston.......teasing of course.

Happy Diving

Welcome to the board!

Joe

:wavey: Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

Hi,
welcome to scuba board

Cheer
Jason

Glad you've joined us. :thumb:

:cowboy2: don