Regulator Mouthpiece Zip Tie Size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

troyce1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I didn't want to post this here, b/c I feel silly!
But I googled, and looked at mouthpieces that came with zip ties but none of them state the size of the zip tie. Most importantly the width.

I just ordered comfobite mouth pieces and they do not have the zips with them.

What size are these things?!?

Thanks!

I like the 8 inch ones and the brand of Ty-Wrap. They have a stainless steel tab which prevents 'em from coming apart. However, the ones available from Lowe's or Home Depot of the local hardware store work just fine.

I always have several in my save a dive tool box.

IMO the wiith is not that important, okee to wide doesn't work.
But more important is the locking part, that needs to be as good as you can get it.
I prefer the ones with the steel clip.They'll stay in place for ever.

Hope it helps.

The ones I was looking at were 1/2" wide.
The stock ones on my mouth piece don't look that wide.... and these days zip ties and everything else comes in every shape and size (regulators too!).

So I didn't want to buy the wrong ones and look silly on the dive boat :dork2:

I don't think you meant 1/2" wide, did you ????....Take your 2nd stage/mouth piece to Lowes/Home Depot and in the electrical dept. you'll find an assortment of Ty's to match up w/the part of your mouth piece that fits over the 2nd stage...Look for the ones that have 'double' locking mechanisms..They're usually the ones that have the steel clips....Just cut off the excess [nail clipper works well ] length when you have it nice and snug around the the mouth piece......Buy a pack [20 or so ] 'cause over time you'll use them.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom