Regulator Geeks 3: Reg Performance at Max Safe Gas Density

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at UC when Stephen Hawking came to "speak" -- sort of a lecture and book tour for A Brief History of Time, back in the late 1980s. He had been told by his editor that he would likely alienate about twenty percent of his readers for each and every equation in his original manuscript; and he also managed to complain that his then-new speech synthesizer made him "sound like an American" -- both of which received laughs.

I think that the only mathematical figure in that book was its price tag on the inner flap . . .
Great book, have read it a couple of times, did not get it until about 10 years ago.

What is that strange “metal” second stage with the air inlet on the “wrong” side??!!
It looks like a SP mod. 129, converted to BA, of course.
I have one identical, also with orange exhaust rubber and extra-long yellow hose, signalling its intended usage a secondary air source ("octopus").
See here on the original Scubapro 1977 catalog:
Scubapro-129.jpg

It is the definitely the one I would choose, if I had to pick out just one of these nice regs to keep for me.

07122022 02:00 GMT
Ouch...
That is 03:00 in the morning for me in Italy.
I suppose I will not be able to attend...
Really a pity.
Will it be recorded?

It will be recorded and uploaded to YouTube, like the first two discussions. That may take a couple of weeks depending upon the editing required. And it assumes that my recording works, which has not always been the case. But I'll do my best!

It will be recorded and uploaded to YouTube, like the first two discussions. That may take a couple of weeks depending upon the editing required. And it assumes that my recording works, which has not always been the case. But I'll do my best!

You are getting to be a worldwide celebrity star. You have international audience, please be kind to us in scheduling :)

07122022 02:00 GMT

1pm next day for us in Australia, doable but in the middle of my working day... looking forward to the video in due course!

1pm next day for us in Australia, doable but in the middle of my working day... looking forward to the video in due course!
Just travel back in time -- the International Date Line can't be that far off. What's a petty 2600 kilometers between friends?

Auckland beckons, heh, heh . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom