Regulator Bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's the next question... I like Akona products (have a wetsuit and a boat duffle) I checked out their reg bag and see that you can get it with or without the console bag. Is THAT worth it? There aren't any dimensions for the console bag. So how would I be sure that it would fit mine? (Zeagle Navigator)

Larry? (Scubatoys has them, btw...)

Basically it's a soft padded slipcover for your console. One came with my Suunto computer console, and it looks like it would provide a little protection. Looks like a good bag, maybe a little bit thin though. If your computer didn't come with a cover, you might as well go ahead and get it with the bag, just in case you ever drop the bag or who knows what. I'm not sure it would make a huge difference, though, seeing as the bag itself is padded.

The console cover is more to prevent scratches to your gage faceplates... we have them and use them and think they are worth while... the regs will shift around in your bag and you don't want scratches...... we use the Akona bag for 2 reg sets and like it quite a bit.

Are they "generous" enough to fit over most consoles? Mine isn't HUGE but it's not really small?!?!

Buoyant1:
Are they "generous" enough to fit over most consoles? Mine isn't HUGE but it's not really small?!?!

They will fit most all 3 gauge (or less) consoles. About the only thing I have found that doesn't fit is the Aeris 300G due to the fact the compass was on top in a clover leaf design... but shy of that... Pretty sure it will fit. And if you want to give it a shot and it doesn't... we'll take it back, including the shipping.

When you are next in a supermarket look for the bags that they sell for transporting frozen food ice cream etc. These are waterproof and padded. They make very good reg bags.

I don' know how much they are in the US. Over here they are about $2.00

If your BC or suit is wet and salty wrapping the reg in it is a bad idea. That said I personally am lazy and usually just pack everything into a kit bag (dry though).

Chris

Cool! Thanks Larry! I'll check it out then. (couldn't hurt to try)

You'll probably see it come through in a day or two.

Hey Chris, sounds like a great idea, but I don't want to look like I'm "bringing a lunch" on my next plane ride! (it's bad enough I use zip locksfor dry bags! hahaha!)

If I did all local diving that would be a great idea though!

Thanks all!

scubatoys:
They will fit most all 3 gauge (or less) consoles. About the only thing I have found that doesn't fit is the Aeris 300G due to the fact the compass was on top in a clover leaf design... but shy of that... Pretty sure it will fit. And if you want to give it a shot and it doesn't... we'll take it back, including the shipping.

And thanks for not pointing out that I can't spell GAUGE! :) You're the man! :)

That's ok AmyJ I usually spell it gague then have to go back and edit it!

(at least I'm consistent!)

teknitroxdiver:
I got one when I bought my regs, and it will hold three sets of regs pretty good. Its a small square blue one, don't remember the brand. I always carry on regs, since checking them can mess up the depth gauges due to reduced pressure at altitude in the cargo hold.

Pretty sure this isn't true. I think the cargo hold is at the same pressure as the rest of the plane, just colder.

Back
Top Bottom