Regulator Bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love it. I have the model #19.

With a DIR hose set up and a dry suit - I have a lot going on with my rig... 7' hose, 2 inflator hoses, a second stage with necklace, an SPG... its a lot more than I used to use when I was diving a hoseless computer and Air Source with my wetsuit.

It holds my DIN -> Yoke adaptor, my medusa-like reg rig, my Pelican 1050 with my Vytec and Compass, 10W HID head, Dive Log and anything else I want to carry on a plane / boat and keep close to me.

I'll toss a book in there to read, I carried my Laptop in it on a recent trip to PugLand (not to be confused with FrontierLand or TomorrowLand...)...its a very nice, padded carryall for my stuff.

I love it. I toss my drybox in the reg bag pocket of my Stahlsac, and throw this over my shoulder, carry my tank and I'm a one-take Jake to the boat or plane.

K

I bought a reg bag to protect my reg while travelling. Lately I've got less paranoid and I just wrap it in my BC/wetsuit. I mostly use the bag for taking my reg to the dive shop to be serviced or adjusted (I seem to be doing this every three or four months at the moment). I have the Aqualung bag (same as jrg) and now I mastered the hose coiling, getting my reg into the bag is easier than trying to stuff it into my rucksack/backpack.

Not one of my better purchases, really.

Z

I pack my reg in my carryon (along with mask and computer) and carefully pad it with clothing. It's much more space efficient this way and as well or even better protected. If I put it in a reg bag and put that in my carryon, I'd have trouble fitting in other things I want in there.

I use my apeks regulator bag , it also holds my computer , extras hoses and yoke adapter and few others little items so yes they are nice.

I use the Aqualung Legend bag (ScubaPro, $24.95) for my regs and put the Sherwood Wisdom computer in the interior pocket. Logbook and c-card go in the outside zippered pocket, and a large ziplock bag holds misc. gear (shears, light, glasses case.) Add a towel and swimsuit in a plastic bag for padding.
This is my storage/transportation setup, very "grab & go."

Question: Do airlines allow divers to bring aboard a 22" carry-on case and also carry the reg bag as a laptop/briefcase? If so, only my fins and some clothing would need to be in the check-in luggage.

Trisha:
I use the Aqualung Legend bag (ScubaPro, $24.95) for my regs and put the Sherwood Wisdom computer in the interior pocket. Logbook and c-card go in the outside zippered pocket, and a large ziplock bag holds misc. gear (shears, light, glasses case.) Add a towel and swimsuit in a plastic bag for padding.
This is my storage/transportation setup, very "grab & go."

Question: Do airlines allow divers to bring aboard a 22" carry-on case and also carry the reg bag as a laptop/briefcase? If so, only my fins and some clothing would need to be in the check-in luggage.

Yes, you should be able to carry both on board as the reg bag is your "personal item."

Question about the Aqualung Legend Reg bag - will it hold 2 sets of regs? Wife and I both have small SPG's and wrist mounted computers (so don't have to put them in the reg bag). Also have a small slimline octo. It's hard to look at measurements (16" x 12" x 6") and imagine if both the regs can fit.

Since we live in CA and like warm water diving, we usually travel. We just bought our regs and will definitely carry on the plane. I was thinking of putting reg bag inside a standard roll-aboard bag but not sure if we need 2 reg bags or can fit everything into 1.

If anyone else has a bag that does fit 2 regs, please let me know the name and model (and please, nothing as monstrous as the Armor 2 reg bag that I found at the link above).

Thanks!

P.S. The armor double backpack actually might be a good idea if I want to carry regs, masks, wrist computer for 2 people and just count it as my carryon. Will have to visit LDS and have a look in person.

robstrash:
If anyone else has a bag that does fit 2 regs, please let me know the name and model (and please, nothing as monstrous as the Armor 2 reg bag that I found at the link above).
I use the Deep Outdoors regulator bag. It holds my primary regulator, AI computer/compass, backup SPG/DG, and my pony bottle regulator, although it's a tad bulging with all that in it. It's also water resistant, so that means I can take it on the dive charter and if water spills all over it as I get in and out of the boat it will still keep my stuff inside (like T-shirt and wallet) dry.

I just bought the ig huge mondo akona bag for 99 dollars verses the 160 dollars as sport chalet. tyhey moved the bag over a $99.00 tag and had to sell it to me because i was talking to the manager telling him that it would be false advertising if they sold it to me at a different price...take that sport chalet.

I keep my expensive reg and comp. in my reg bag. I would rather be a little too carfull then sorry. I keep my reg and log book in my reg bag. I have traveled a long way to find no c-card. I always check for my reg on a dive, but I don't always check for my log book.

Back
Top Bottom