Regs - which one? Oceanic, Mares....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dannobee:
The Mares Abyss has been deeper than 1000 fsw. How deep do you want to go? Relatively, of course.

Deeper than a _thousand_ feet? Who dove it that deep? :)

jeckyll:
Deeper than a _thousand_ feet? Who dove it that deep? :)
Some poor guy that is probally not alive anymore. :wink: For the money Delta 4. I'm on my 3rd set of Oceanic regs. Never been disatisfied. If you plan on Cave diving Don't use the FDX10 1st stage, Reason being, If you do alot of restrictions you will bang it to pieces on the ceiling. CDX5 Will do just fine.(Doesn't sit above your manifold) Although open water and deep FDX10 breathes just fine.

Nic160:
Some poor guy that is probally not alive anymore. :wink: For the money Delta 4. I'm on my 3rd set of Oceanic regs. Never been disatisfied. If you plan on Cave diving Don't use the FDX10 1st stage, Reason being, If you do alot of restrictions you will bang it to pieces on the ceiling. CDX5 Will do just fine.(Doesn't sit above your manifold) Although open water and deep FDX10 breathes just fine.

Yeah I'm a Oceanic rep..., but I'm also a cave diver. The FDX10 won't sit very much above a CDX5 or lots of other regs. As far as banging it to pieces the plastic cover will take the beating instead of scratching the heck out of the chrome. I could throw in a "if you have good bouyancy it won't get trashed" statement but we both know that doesn't always ring true...
Performance wise the FDX10 is much above the CDX5 (which is still a solid reg).

That being said right now I have PX3/GT3's on my cave rig and stges/deco(swivel is a must for stage/deco in my view).

As soon as we have the long and short hose's for the Delta 4 and the DVT DIN I'll have FDX10/Delta 4's on my cave rig and PX3/Delta 4's. It means more spare kits to carry around(first stage kits, second stage kits are the same for both GT3 and Delta 4) but I actually do like the breathing more!

Chris, I'm getting a head ache. LOL...

Hey Zak,

Yeah me too, not to mention this is an old post, I'll bet the orginal poster already has a reg!

How ya doing?

cerich:
As soon as we have the long and short hose's for the Delta 4 and the DVT DIN I'll have FDX10/Delta 4's on my cave rig and PX3/Delta 4's. It means more spare kits to carry around(first stage kits, second stage kits are the same for both GT3 and Delta 4) but I actually do like the breathing more!

Chris,

So, if I were to convert my FDX10 to DIN, would I lose the DVT??? I just bought my Delta 4/FDX 10 a few weeks ago, but got it in the yoke configuration. I also want to convert it over to a 7 ft hose, but my LDS told me that Oceanic doesn't have a 7ft hose with the swivel on it. I guess I could hook it up with a regular hose, but I really like the swivel on the second stage.

Tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom