Regs - which one? Oceanic, Mares....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anneli, people will disagree, but the Mares and Oceanic regs are usually
(usually) consider second-tier regs.

the A-List regs are usually (usually) listed as Apeks, Atomic, ScubaPro, and
Poseidon

i would suggest buying the best reg you can afford, as it will be with you
for years, and it's going to be your primary life-support system =)

oh, by the way, i have a third or fourth-tier reg, a Sea Elite knock off
of a Dive Rite reg which is a knock off of an Apex reg...

it dives great, and i am very happy with it :wink:

BUT... my next purchase (gotta go to DIN) will be Apeks

I have an Oceanic Delta reg. No harm in calling it like it is.

Atomic, Atomic, Atomic.....

I know everyone says they are too much money...yada yada yada....

It is the best breathing reg I have ever had the pleasure of putting in my mouth.

With 500+ dives and the oppourtunity to try pretty much any reg I wanted to(a buddy owned a dive shop) I say this is hands down the best out there.

AnneliC:
Thanks for the advise, never dive in the UK nor intend to do so either....its far too cold in the water :)

I would then recommend a Scubapro MK25/G250 (or a MK25/S600 if you want to pay more for a smaller second stage).

Let us not forget Aqua Lung. It's never up there on the list. Anybody know why? Maybe some sort of bad reputation I have yet to hear about? Mine breathes like a dream and I would recommend nothing else to a new diver. Am I entirely wrong?

KelpCoasters:
Let us not forget Aqua Lung. It's never up there on the list. Anybody know why? Maybe some sort of bad reputation I have yet to hear about? Mine breathes like a dream and I would recommend nothing else to a new diver. Am I entirely wrong?
i dive with a ledgend LX, (i think that it is the best breathing reg on the market but.............), zeagle flathead IV amognest other regs. you will hear all sorts of personal preferences here. to talk to any mfgr. there's is the best reg on the market. i personaly think that it's a mater of personal taste, how much you can afford to spend, what your lds carries, what types of diving that you do, what your fellow divers use and recommend, (this one carries a lot of weight). there are definetley some regs better than others. i think that as long as you stick with any of the upper end regs. from any mfgr. you really can't go wrong. good luck, ken

Back
Top Bottom