Regs - which one? Oceanic, Mares....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KelpCoasters:
Let us not forget Aqua Lung. It's never up there on the list. Anybody know why? Maybe some sort of bad reputation I have yet to hear about? Mine breathes like a dream and I would recommend nothing else to a new diver. Am I entirely wrong?

Well, I hear the Aqua Lung Legend is a great reg—of course Aqua lung benefited from the design input of an English company in Lancashire...

If you're travelling, it could be important to be able to fix your reg even on your vacation. In this case, I'd recommend sticking to Mares, Scubapro or Aqualung because these companies are the most popular and have dealer everywhere.

warm water, rec diving i loved the mares v16 proton xl i used to dive, it was even fine in cold northern california water down to 120ft, but i dive an apeks now.

I really like Aqua Lung, I have the Legend LX Supreme, & I love it. In my opinion the Legend Line & Titan LX Line is some of the best equipment out there. The only other reg I would consider is the Apek Line. We also use the Titan LX line in our rental fleet, also a great breather, & it can be picked up at a reasonable price.

H2Andy:
Anneli, people will disagree, but the Mares and Oceanic regs are usually
(usually) consider second-tier regs.

I guess I'd be one of those that would disagree... I don't think that most knowledgeable people would say that Oceanic is second-tier. They make a very nice reg that would certainly be on par with the other products that you mention. I particularly like the Delta series regs.

Anneli, the Delta 4 is a great reg...it will serve you very well.

I have a Mares Abyss and I love it from what little I have used it and if you do any research I think it stacks up pretty well to any reg on the market. It came in second to the top of the line $1500 Atomic reg in the last buyers giude I read but is 1/3 the cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom