Reggae

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caribbean soul:
I have 1 cd ziggy marley live which i like .I would like to build from there.
If you just want to buy a few CD's to start, I'd recommend "LEGEND" by Bob Marley, The Best of Jimmy Cliff ( We all are One) by Jimmy Cliff, "Rastanthology" by Steel Pulse. You could also try going to BMG.com and going thru their reggae section. They had a best of CD by various artists that I'm going to buy.
Enjoy,
C_Dawg

Stay away from that stuff. You'll become a lazy, no good, reefer tokin' beach bum, laid back, dread lock, .....easy going', happy,...no worries....:D :D

Trinigordo:
What kind of non-reggae music you like?
How old are you?
What kind of personality are you? Laid back, frantic,etc?

A good start would definitely be Bob Marley, I personally started my reggae collection on Bob Marley's Babylon by Bus cd.

I have lots of suggestions if you give me a more specific request.

Gordo

Hardrock,blues,and some country I also have alot of Jimmy Buffet.
51 Years and laid back and I don't smoke dope.

Steel Pulse, Bounty Killa, Red Rat, Buju Banton, Dennis Brown, Sizzla, Toots and the Maytals.

Should I go on? This would give you a well rounded education.

Here's me with Steel Pulse's David Dread and Selwyn.

davidhowardselwyn.jpg

Who said anything about smoking weed :shakehead :shakehead
:banghead:

Anyway I'd go with most of the recommendations here, minus Bounty Killa.
I'm really not a fan of him.

Big up for Dennis Brown though, very mellow, great voice, great guy.

Nice pic Howarde :14: , I remember you saying once that you're a sound engineer?

Don't like Bounty Killa... Elephant Man? Less intense, but cool new dancehall.

Actually Toots Hibbert (Toots & Maytalls) told me that Bounty Killa was one of his favorite current artists. It is a little on the harder edge side though.

Yes... I used to do sound... I got to do 2 shows with Steel Pulse last summer... It was awesome, but REGGAE is pretty much ALL that I listen to these days.

caribbean soul:
Hardrock,blues,and some country I also have alot of Jimmy Buffet.
51 Years and laid back and I don't smoke dope.
If you're a Parrothead like me, you'd probably also like Kenny Chesney's "Be As you Are" CD....it's not reggae, but definitely has a "Caribbean Soul"
C-Dawg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom