Reggae

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also great easy going roots from Midnite from ST. Croix
Try their album Seek Knowledge Before Vengance

Carib Beer, hehe now that is some weak watered down..
@$#!
Only good use is in the hands of a cute trini girl.

Mmmm, I know what you mean by recently some of the best reggae being produced outside of Jamaica or even the Caribbean.
But generally based on my experiences most foreigners that I meet who like reggae are veritable walking encyclopaedias when it comes to reggae history and artists.

Seems that the music sounds/resonates more in northern climes?
As for Mutu, I can't remember the last time i've listened to any of his spoken word/dub poetry.
He has a bookstore in Kingston with lots of Rastafarian themed material.

Yeah boy people from foreign take things too seriously you see. Island life nice too bad

So, recycling this thread....what's your take on Matisyaho? I recently picked up "Live at Stubbs" and have been listening to it non-stop in my Jeep. I really like his stuff.
C-Dawg

Vtdiver2:
So, recycling this thread....what's your take on Matisyaho? I recently picked up "Live at Stubbs" and have been listening to it non-stop in my Jeep. I really like his stuff.
C-Dawg

My take is it's good... interesting... good rootsy grooves.

howarde:
My take is it's good... interesting... good rootsy grooves.
That was my take, and the lyrics are tight.
C-Dawg

Jamdiver:
Matisyahu is also a bit exotic at least in comparison to the average reggae singer.
LOL...."exotic" is one way of putting it.
Besides the obvious talent he has, the thing I like about Matisyahu is who he is. If anything can say "reggae was born in the tropics (Caribbean area) but belongs to the world, to people of any color, any religion, he is it". Who would have thought a white, Hasidic Jewish kid from Pennsylavania could create such beautiful reggae music such as that. He is playing at a club about 100 miles from here next Tuesday, I'm looking into getting tix.
C-Dawg

Seeed is another reggae band out of Germany that might be worth checking out, one of my favorite finds of the past year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom