Reg suggestions for sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’d try what you have until you know what you want. I switched from back mount doubles to side mount.The turret is handy for tucking the hoses, I have a turret on my scubapro regs. I found the 5th port a nuisance so don’t use it. I found I had to keep changing things till I got it to suit me so I first tried what I had and then bought hoses to tidy things up. People will say you have to use din but my regs are yoke so most likely any reg could be used and work fine.

I use a Dive Rite XT set, I like them a lot but really anything with a turret and environmentally sealed would be good.

@Fireman1396
Have you considered independent back-mounted doubles? I'm planning on going this route next season (delayed because of this-years limited season) - lugging banded-doubles around is a PITA

Alternate breathing like sidemount, but otherwise diving is pretty much standard backmount.
Use your existing regs with just the addition of an additional gauge.
One harness/plate/wing (maybe even the ones you have with the addition of some additional cambands) for banded or unbanded doubles.

If interested, check out this recent thread: Thoughts on setting up backmounted independent doubles

From your description, sounds like you dive Dutch - Up and down the hill on the peninsula maybe?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom