Reg repair fiasco (RANT)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS SERVICE.
I would ask for a refund and never take it back to the jerks. Let them know too of your intentions.

whitedragon13:
Not sure what you're trying to say, there, Gary...that because your service was good, I shouldn't complain? That somehow it's my fault that it took two shops 6 weeks to do a 2 hour repair? That I should overlook the fact that last year, a different dive shop performed my service, didn't tighten down the second stage properly which fell off just prior to a dive?

Simply that I read a lot of posts about very poor service, but I have not had these problems. Nor have any of my diver friends.

If you would like, I can recommend the LSD that does my work. Just PM me.

Sherwood regs are very easy to service. When I service them I always put the metal parts in a ultra sonic cleaner to clean up any corrosion.

divemastertim:
Sherwood regs are very easy to service. When I service them I always put the metal parts in a ultra sonic cleaner to clean up any corrosion.
...and to completely change the subject.... I hope you keep the sintered filter out which in some cases is part of the piston... it f***s up the whole system of the dry bleed.

ShakaZulu:
So, why do we have the LDS again??? I think there is a market for REG TECHS to start a home business, servicing REGS. Post your location on this board and I would send my REGS there..........

http://www.techdivinglimited.com

We service everything. You order service on our website. Print out the sheet. Ship reg to us. We strip it, clean it, determine which parts if any need to be replaced and replace them. Reassemble, set it up and bench test it. Put it to factory specs, make it breathe the best it can ........ and ship it back to you.

Standard time in house about 2 days if we have parts. Some older regs we may have to source a part or two if necessary.

We stock parts for Scubapro, Apeks, Aqualung, Kirby Morgan, Sherwood, Abyss, most of the italian and taiwan regs etc.

We never use silicone only Christolube and everything comes out clean for nitrox service.

Oh, and we are stupidly inexpensive for regulator service. Many universities, museums, police departments, and certain branches of the military send us their regs on a regular basis to service for them.

Try it out.

Regards,

just to add to this thread, I have recently moved away from Florida and my regular service LDS. So, my service was due in October- I have just booked a keys trip and need to get it sorted- call up the local dive shop and ask if they do annual services for regulators..."what"
annual reg maintainence
"what"
annual regulator cleaning and service- umm, this is a dive shopr right?
"oh yeah- ohh- ummm- whats wrong with it?"
well-nothing, it is just due for service
"well, yeah - I can look at it, but I don;t have any parts, but you can just bring it in"
oh- well, what if parts need replacing
"oh- umm well do you think they do?- well I don't know about that."

at this point I hung up. Anybody know any links for self-servicing regs :wink:

Whitedragon13,

I feel your pain!

I had a similar experience with a LDS. Took my regulator and tank in for service. After 6-weeks they said it was finally ready.

I went to pick up the gear and my tank was missing! They could not find it to save them. As I'm waiting I notice they have used tanks for sale and wouldn't you know it there is my tank but with a different valve. After some more searching I locate my valve on a different tank. They make the switch to correct the problem and I leave.

On my next dive I discovered that they had not reinstalled the c-clip on my venturi switch when it dropped off my regulator on the dive boat!

Needless to say I will never take anything to them again.

It is a shame but I guess the old saying still holds true, "caveat emptor".

Regards,

JES

munkispank:
Unless you are trying to maintain a warranty that includes free parts, the reg will not fall apart because it is a month over its yearly checkup especially a zeagle. If you are doing it for the purpose of warranty, take note of the post above yours. I wouldn't worry too much about it myself, I would do it wheny ou get back and there will be a lot less pressure.

munkispank:

tuff day for you getting something serviced.

We service every brand regulator out there. Order it up on the website and send your reg in.

http://www.techdivinglimited.com

Regards,

Those are some amazing and scary stories. I now feel blessed to have a LDS with a shop with 30 years of parts and junk in it. If I lived in the boondocks, however, I would pay to have my regs blessed by someone like DA Aquamaster or rescuediver009.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom