Recommendations for the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wadivediva

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Still looking for dive info for the Keys. The liveaboard won't work. Any recommendations for good dive operators? Heard anything about Amy Slate's Resort in Key Largo? Where is the best place to base out in the Keys for a dive vacation (8 days or so)?
Thanks for any help! I am working on the Xmas present for my husband and am stuck!

Key Largo is the dive capital of the Keys and offers several good dive operations i personally prefere Quiescence Dive Shop - 6 pack boats with plenty of room and a say so about where you dive - great captians and most of all No hurry up and get in or out. Diving with them was the most relaxing diving i have ever done from a boat.

You'll get many responses...

I personally use Ocean Divers, Quiescence in Key Largo and Conch Republic in Tavernier.

Do a search for Amy Slate's they have mixed reviews.

Key West is a must for the drive and at least to spend one night there bar hopping and sightseeing.

Cheers.

-J.-

You'll get many responses...

I personally use Ocean Divers, Quiescence in Key Largo and Conch Republic in Tavernier.

Do a search for Amy Slate's they have mixed reviews.

Key West is a must for the drive and at least to spend one night there bar hopping and sightseeing.

Cheers.

-J.-

Maybe I'm just getting older, but I have no desire to drive down to Key West to party. I never thought I would say that.

You don't need to go crazy to enjoy Key West...simply watching the sunset with an adult beverage of your choice and also watching those crazy performers on the Sunset Pier is worth it :coffee:

Cheers.

-J.-

Conch Republic divers ..
As for accommodations pm speargirl aka Beckie or is it with a Y lol
she is here on the board, she manages some condos in Key Largo, she will fix you right up :)

Have fun and be safe
Kim P :wink:

Ya know I really appreciate all the kudos. As long as our vistors to the Florida Keys have a great dive experience, then we all win here. Happy Holiday's everyone.

Good Diving/Hunting,

I have used Quiescence and Blue Water, both of which are in Key Largo, and Conch Republic (Gary & Brenda) which is in Tavernier. All 3 were good ops. Different kinds of boats and operations. I liked them all. Call them and talk to each about what specifically it is that you want. Have fun.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but I have no desire to drive down to Key West to party. I never thought I would say that.

I agree...but it's tough to stay away from Irish Kevin's (especialy when Kevin is performing!) :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom